You are in... Forums > General > General > "What else could go wrong?"

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

"What else could go wrong?"

said cj on June 12th.I want to tell you a story...(went a bit Max Bygraves there)

About ten days ago I thought I'd have a bit of a blast on my bike and see what it would do(on a private road)as I'd not had it past 100mph.So of i go,110 all's well,120 still ok,124 it starts weaving a bit and not feeling right,130 something really isn't right,weaving and shaking getting worse,137 and it's all I can do to hang on.Shut off and slow down.Put it down to the road surface but really wasn't sure.Last Thursday tried again on a different private road,up to 123 absolutely fine,124 it starts again so I shut off this time thinking it must be the tyres.went home,phoned iDPMOTO at Silverstone and ordered a pair of Roadsmart2 tyres.

Went over today to have them fitted and it turns out my rear wheel has a serious ding in it that I hadn't noticed causing it to get a proper wobble on.So much so the dynamic balancer shut it's self down when the bloke tried it.So I have to buy a new wheel.£463 ffs.:shock:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 June 2013 20:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

ouch

thats an eye watering amount bud, do you know what caused it?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I blame cj :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

rear wheel

There are a few rear wheels on fleabay.....  or could you possibly fit a fireblade wheel, or similar, and maybe save a fair bit of weight?

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

What caused it??

Possibly a pothole but the front is fine so not certain,may have been rear ended and the ding is curved and the width of the rim is pushed in.The fact it has a tail tidy makes me wonder if the standard guard/numberplate hanger was damaged as well.Guess i'll never know.Looked at s/h wheels on eBay,they ain't cheap and could be as bad,not worth the risk.

I blame cj but don't tell her she already wants to punch me in the face:shock: 

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Too

late :shock: Although cb13 a punch in the face could take your mind of the wheel problem. Maybe it happened when it fell on the wife :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

No she's...

far too well padded:lol:

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

thats

bugger! I had a fcuk rear wheel was had a crash  resulting massive dent in wheel i was going throw it out .... till can across this company in maidstone ssent it away got it back removed the paint and respray wheel got new tyre fitted i tho bet be a load weights!!! but no! lol chuffed have now a spare wheel lol wheel straightening   :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

I hope mrs 13

Doesn't go on mcn, cos a dinged wheel will be the least of your worries :upset: :lol:

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

mmmm

nae dinted rim?? :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

I'm safe...

she never goes on here.I'm not that daft:smileAnyway must go and continue comfort eating,had eight rashers of streaky bacon,three fried eggs and three small jacket spuds,now going to have syrup sponge with extra thick double cream.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices