Skip to content

General Riding in France. High visibility vests compulsory again???? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Riding in France. High visibility vests compulsory again????

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Riding in France. High visibility vests compulsory again????

High visibility vests compulsory again????

"Unfortunately, the debate over the potential mandatory high visibility vest for all riders has just resurrected with the government now considering the option of forcing all bikers to carry one with them at all times, but without making it compulsory to wear whilst riding. :lol:

Does that make sense? Well, not really to be honest! This is another ridiculous and ludicrous anti-bike piece of legislation designed to catch as many bikers as possible and fine them on the spot for not following the law". 

Read the rest here Hi-vis 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 June 2013 21:59)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Hi Viz

Better avoid France then.  The Spanish are far more friendly anyway :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
guzzirob

Oct 05

guzzirob says:

Hi Vis

It's the stupid hi viz helmet stickers that concern me more.

Reply to this Topic
adaytona

Sep 07

adaytona says:

Iv'e Just returned from a second jaunt into Europe including France on both occasions. The locals don't seem to bother with high vis ,I didn't bother wearing one and the cops weren't really interested and I passed a couple. I don't know of anybody that's been fined / pulled for not having one. I'm sure some of the forum users will put me right on this though ? There were 4 of us in my group on 4 bikes and nobody had hi vis on and had no problems. 

To give some idea of the distance we rode in France, we left the Black Forest went to Strasbourg up to Calais.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

same here....

the only cops we saw in France were 2 bike riders that pissed past us with a wave of their right legs on the Motorway down from Annecy.....but I did have a reflective vest in the bottom of my panniers (probably the lightest bit of kit I carried and didn't use). P.s. the cops were wearing blue short sleeved shirts and johdpurs.:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices