Skip to content

Ask an Expert Module 2 Question... New rider

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > New rider > Module 2 Question...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lordchum

Jun 13

lordchum says:

Module 2 Question...

Hey everyone

Had my mod 1 and mod 2 today, passed the mod 1 and failed the mod 2 with four minors on my shoulder checks when turning right... I thought it was a bit harsh but then i would as i've just failed! Taking it on the chin and will be triple checking next time i take it...

I'm obviously going to book up my mod 2 again, next available time is in a month. I have my own honda cbf600, so i wondered if i could book the mod 2 on my own accord, without going through the school that taught me.

I guess my actual question is:

Can i go to the test centre on my own bike, obviously being insured and take the test without an instructor with me? 

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Chum

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 297 days ago (27 June 2013 18:07)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

i think not

well you cant ride your bike to the test centre as you arent licensed to ride it yet , get it delivered in a van etc , im sure you also need L Plates on it too .

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

If you're doing DAS

then you'll need to have an instructor accompany you to the centre with the usual rules (L-plates, radio contact etc).

As for your test, your examiner wants to see SAFE riding.

Some extra instruction may not go amiss anyhow (you don't want to correct one bad habit and develop others) - your test "failure" may save your bacon in the future.

Reply to this Topic
lordchum

Jun 13

lordchum says:

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys, with the instructor it is!

I thought i was doing everything correct but obviously not. The examiner commented on how i would make the early check and then also a check after i had taken the turn but not as i was about to do it.

Received four minors on that, and one other for not cancelling my left signal when asked to pull over and move away safely. I knew i had done that straight away and cancelled it seconds after.

As you said, take the advice on board and make the appropriate changes to become a safer rider.

Hopefully next i post i will have my full license!

Cheers

Chum

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle