You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Thieving cunts

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Thieving cunts

So someone nicks my scooter. Old bike, knackered, no value attached to it or anything and in fact I was going to give it away to a bike shop which has done me a couple of last minute jobs when I've been in the shit (puncture repairs etc) and needed something fixing there and then rather than being able to wait.

So I find out that it has been recovered by the police. They got about a mile away to a quiet (dogging) car park and tried to hotwire it. Bastard never wanted to start normally never mind when the battery is flat and the fuel has been in there for years.

However you now get taxed for being the victim of a crime and it cost me £150 in recovery fees to get the bike back as I am liable for the costs as the registered keeper. Not to mention the £12-£20 a day they can charge recovery. I'm all for charging uninsured drivers this but as the victim of the theft I feel it is absolutely disgusting. If I don't pay, they can come after me for the costs so I'm told. Of course most people won't bother putting this through their insurance as it's not more than the excess and they'll pay a fortune in higher premiums for making a claim.

In short, the government are wankers. Frankly why the cops couldn't have left the bike in the car park where it was found I don't know... what's going to happen, it gets nicked again? Oh no!

Also, the police phoned my mum to find out where I was as they'd found my damaged bike dumped in a bush in a car park but were worried I'd crashed it. They didn't say it was obvious the damage was from trying to hotwire it and scared the shit out of her. It was only when they told her the bike was registered SORN that she clicked it was the scooter that had been nicked.

So I dropped it off at the bike shop for free, now with a hole in the front. If the kids had asked for it I'd have given them the fucking key.

EDIT: the thing that REALLY pissed me off was that in order to sort this out I had to pick two patients this afternoon to not see. Out of four one I had to see, one had just had a heart attack and two were in heart failure. So this stupid law meant I had to delay the diagnosis and treatment of two pretty unwell patients because it was going to cost me more and more every day (and I've already been skimping on food trying to save money) rather than just being able to wait until the weekend. Disgusting.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 June 2013 19:54)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Oooh

me likes!

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Your poor Mum.

I know just how I'd have felt in her place.

The £150 and then extra charges do seem unfair, specially when you don't get any choice and only find out after it's been recovered. It is just like being robbed all over again.

Nothng but bad news. I hope your luck changes soon.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Then...

You`d best have 2.....  :smile 

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Apparently

my mum went into an M&S at a services (parents were on their way back from holiday in France) and came out with a bucket of comfort food, lol.

Cops apparently checked all the local hospitals for me. Not very well, obviously as I was working at one of them!

My luck will change soon. It was a nice birthday present having to hand over £150. Lucky work let me out early to sort it on the day or I'd have been paying closer to £200.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

The pigs,

er police were probably trying to see if they could get £5,000 out of you for a SORN violation.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

what a bummer phil

reminds me of a story when someone put an item of furniture outside there house for free, no one wanted it then he put a For sale with a 50.00 price tag and enquire within sign, it went overnight :shock:

Thieving toads, hope the beer and whiskey worked :smile

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Surely

a well worded letter to the cops is in order. Won't get you anywhere but....politely pointing out, as Beelady has said, you have now been robbed twice!

Can't ever be right....:mad:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I always thought

\Scooters were ridden by.....Wankers...and stolen by bigger wankers..... allthough the Burgman and DN01 are awesome. :doubt::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

Language

sneverace

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

phill

if its a c90 il buy it off ya ?????????????:ph43r: