Skip to content

Ask an Expert Best sports tyre for warm climate?? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Best sports tyre for warm climate??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Radebe

Jun 13

Radebe says:

Best sports tyre for warm climate??

It's time to again replenish the sticky stuff and again it's a hard decision as to the best performing tyre for my climate and riding conditions

I'm not exactly a tyre expert and the local bike shop keeps pushing the tyre on their max margin. 
Typically my choice is Michelin pilot power as they are predictable at traction and edge, but the life isn't that long and when new are a bit squirmy. The bike shop put on Dunlop qualifiers on my 675 but a few two wheel drift knee saves later and those are in the sin bin...

Attached images:

1. image  
  2. image  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 298 days ago (28 June 2013 02:53)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

warm climate?

Dunno mate, I live in Wales......  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

I've got

supercorsa's on mine, fantastic on warm hot days. bloody vague in the cold mostly moist weather we have in Wales.

so about to change to 016pros, which worked really well in all conditions on my R1.

but then if you're saving it on your knee, you might want to consider slicks and ignore the input of a road rider!:blink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle