Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jackpage15

Jan 13

jackpage15 says:

Admission of Liability

Hi there,

I had a collision in December, with an ongoing liability dispute. My Partner was riding pillion at the time, and so also has a claim going against the 3rd party. However her solicitors have just uncovered a letter from the 3rd party's insurer to my insurer, dated 6 days after the accident, saying this:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note our interest as insurers of the above. We confirm that liability is not in dispute in respect of the incident."

I was wondering where this stands me in regards to a liability dispute, as it appears that they have already admitted liability?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 293 days ago (28 June 2013 07:13)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

easy

you've already got a solicitor involved, so why not pick up the phone and talk to him?

That's what he's being paid for. If he can't advise then get one who can

Reply to this Topic
jackpage15

Jan 13

jackpage15 says:

I

See your point :smile

I did speak to my solicitors on Wednesday, but they didn't seem to know about it. I have forwarded the letter to them today and am hoping to hear back from them, but they don't seem massively useful.

I would contemplate switching representation, but this late in the game, if I've got an admission of liability I don't know what the best course of action is

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Insurers

If yours aren't filling you with confidence you are perfectly entitled to change them at no cost to yourself, try these chaps

http://www.bikelawyer.co.uk

Also known as ACIC on this site :smile

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

liability

liability not in dispute doesn't mean you, could mean the otherside think your clearly to blame....i had a bullshit letter from my insurers similar, telling me to take 100%....few days later after ignoring it the other side have already dropped to 50%...just goes to show you can't even trust your own representation, mine were trying to get me to take all the blame despite how I did all their work for them and showed how I am not even 1% to blame... 

They're usually not lawyers in any way, they're case handlers, you can apply to work as one right now without any knowledge, they don't know their arse from their elbow, you're in a queu with 50 other people they're 'handling' that they don't care about

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jackpage15

Jan 13

jackpage15 says:

I agree

Yes, I  seem to get that impression with a lot of the people I have spoken to in the last 6 months.

Thanks for all the replies; I actually considered going with bike lawyer, but as my girlfriend was riding pillion at the time, and her injuries were more severe, I thought it best that she get the best representation (i.e. them), still I should probably have shopped around.

My Solicitors have now confirmed that the 3rd party insurers have admitted liability and now they are just arguing over figures, but every piece of correspondance from the 3rd party seems to take about a month, even something as noncommital as acknowledging that the case is being investigated.

Infuriating, but at least it looks like things will go my way (eventually). My advice to anyone in a similar situation would be to never accept any liability at all (if you are 100% sure you are in the right). They will back down in the end.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle