Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo completes successful collarbone surgery MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo completes successful collarbone surgery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo completes successful collarbone surgery

Jorge Lorenzo has undergone successful surgery to plate and screw the left collarbone he broke in a high-speed crash during a rain-hit second MotoGP practice session at Assen in Holland yesterday. The reigning world champion flew home to Barcelona last night and immediately underwent a two-hour operation at the Hospital General de Catalunya to insert a titanium plate and eight screws...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 June 2013 09:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Looks like both wrists are damaged as well - right wrist bandaged and left hand and forearm heavily bandaged ?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I reckon JL could be back for the US Grand Prix sad really as the championship was getting more interesting.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Like FFS, I recently had a bike crash and broke my collar bone, the best the NHS did was make me wait 5 hours to give me something to support it, which I coulda bought at a shop and told me to come back in 8 weeks. I couldn't make it at that time because I have a life so I phoned up and they rearranged it for July 8th......... like over 3 months after the fucking accident. So now I have a giant bump and it's still painful. We so need to adopt the US system, people with jobs get healthcare so we get rid of this shitty service and stop giving it away to free loaders.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Wait no make that July 12th, just got a letter through and they changed it lol. Give me my fucking taxes back so I can pay for a proper service.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

JustBe

in case you hadn't noticed this is a motorcycle forum so keep your ridiculous political ramblings for the Daily Mail.

and in case you were wondering you could go private to get your bone plated if you're that worried

and on that subject, you think when the tories(and labour and the LD's and the SNP and............................................................) have destroyed the NHS you'll get your taxes reduced?

google "useful idiots".

jesus fucking christ, there's none so blind as those that can't see.

Good luck on your recovery Jorge.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

A few comments are suggesting Jorge runs a single lap from pit lane and gets himself a new engine . A small victory but could prove vital. The season is a long way from over.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Justbe...careful what you wish for mate....having the nhs is still better than the US system by a long way. Hard luck ur collar bone tho...been thru one myself in Aus. I'm guessing it was a SMIDSY??

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

No pressure forthe surgeon then.. It's not as if anyone was watching!!

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

What is JustBe complaining about?

"Unfortunately no operation room was available in Assen due to some other very urgent life threatening operations that had much higher priority than Jorge's collarbone."

So Jorge had to wait, like JustBe. Surgery is only required in 10% of cases anyway. If the two ends of bone are still in place the bone heals naturally.

How indignant can you be when you declined the first appointment because you "have a life"? You are getting a proper service, you just don't appreciate it.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

When

I destroyed my wrist working as a tree surgeon in south London the ambulance crews, nurses, doctors and consultants were second to none. As I fell from a height an air ambulance was called and I was treated by the doctors on board but went to A&e in an ambulance. I had to have a titanium extender put in my wrist that is normally used for ankle injuries. I cannot thank these people enough as I was told I would not be going back to work or ride a motorcycle again, but thanks to the nhs I was climbing trees again and I now ride my fireblade without any weakening of my wrist. 6 months off work as well. If you want to get political about it I could not claim any money whilst off work which is f*cking disgraceful, so had to live on credit cards whilst my future was uncertain. If you want to go private great but you dont go to a private clinic if you have an accident you go to a&e and get treated just like everyone else. The cost of my treatment if done privately would have been over £75,000. I got it for free.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices