Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win

Valentino Rossi took his 80th premier class win with a dominant performance at Assen today onboard the factory Yamaha. The victory marks Rossi's first win since the Malaysian grand prix in 2010. Starting from the second row, Rossi moved up to third at the end of the first lap with a hard move on German Stefan Bradl at the final chicane. On lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 June 2013 15:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rapidrhys46

Jun 13

rapidrhys46 says:

rossi haters....

...catch aids.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Bradl & Bautista...

12 and 16 seconds behind Iron Man Jorge.... serious questions have to be asked by their teams and Honda. Gotta say too, disappointing day for Bradders behind a CRT.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Here's the facts:

Rossi has now actually arrived. Even with Lorenzo less than 100%, Rossi has hit the level he has needed to be at to be able to fight against the top three. Yamaha has developed the 1000cc M1 around Lorenzo and it has taken this time for Rossi's team to get to his preferred setup, particularly in the braking and the under-par performance on a full tank. This ain't no flash in the pan like it was with the so-called breakthrough with Ducati.

Cal is going great guns but in terms of consistency, he is more on Marquez' level. He will not be beating Rossi or Lorenzo in a straight fight.

Dani is going to struggle to win the championship this year: Lorenzo's 5th with a busted wing is ominous.

I see some big tussles with Lorenzo, especially if Rossi can continue to start from the second row or better, although it won't be make or break for him.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

This Rossi article has been around for a few hours now and there seems to be no sign of the usual fckwits that hate him, who are usually over it like a rash.......I wonder why. Rossi is too old.....he has had his time......he is not an alien.......world no6......etc etc. Fck, it really is a bad day for you all and are going to have to rethink all of your statements.

Reply to this Topic
bananabiker

Jan 11

bananabiker says:

Well done Rossi!

The comments on here were almost as good as Rossi winning! We all understand that this was his best opportunity, no Lorenzo, injured Marquez, good personal track, almost front row qualifying and a recent step forward with the setting. The press new it, the fans new it and the haters new it! This expectation has demonstrated that the greatest of all time can take his chance. Like taking a penalty in the semi final of the World Cup! He scored, he won and he deserved it! All the planets were aligned and like a true champ he made the most of it. I am a fan of the sport, a fan of Ducati and our home rider cal. Welcome back Rossi!!!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You gotta laugh at the Rossi haters who, to a man, had what was left of their credibility flushed down the toilet today.

Most of them haven't got the testicular fortitude to admit they got it completely wrong, and aren't really students of the sport at all.

Ooh ooh..Lorenzo would have won.

Well maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't..it's not the point. He didn't and Rossi did..something many gumbies here said would never happen again.

When Stoner won races at the end of 2010..with Lorenzo trying to secure a title and Rossi and Pedrosa recovering from proper race injuries, not a poorly tum tum, it was because he could walk on water.

When Jorge won his 1st title the same year..Rossi had cracked under pressure and he'd beat him fair & square from the off.

But, when Stoner got trounced by Dani last year it was because Casey got hurt..not one of the divvy back-flipping lemmings acknowledged the Australian was trailing both his rivals at the time and buckled, because it didn't suit them.

Best keep a low profile and hope against hope that a certain credibility is restored in the fullness of time..highly unlikely with old wosi here though, unless a certain penitence is forthcoming.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Wosi

I said this before the season started actually, that Rossi would be a definate #2 to Lorenzo just like Edwards used to be to Rossi. OK so Rossi may have found a half a season fix in Aragon for his braking woes, my mistake there, but the fact remains that Cal could race at his usual practise pace without the fear of running out of fuel, and Rossi rode like he did in Qatar when he pushed it close and ran out of fuel just after the finish line.

The difference between the Yamahas is the fuel management in the electronics package IMO. And no I'm not gay, but I'm certain that if you met me you'd wish I was.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

wow

Hasn't this desended into a circle jerk?

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Viva Rossi

Fantastic result, great to see him back where he should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets hope this is the turning point we have been waiting for?????????? What a performance from Lorenzo, incredible, man of steel or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

WOSI

WELL SAID!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN