Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win

Valentino Rossi took his 80th premier class win with a dominant performance at Assen today onboard the factory Yamaha. The victory marks Rossi's first win since the Malaysian grand prix in 2010. Starting from the second row, Rossi moved up to third at the end of the first lap with a hard move on German Stefan Bradl at the final chicane. On lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 295 days ago (29 June 2013 15:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

A Good Write Up

from MotoMatters.Com on the Assen race. And this excerpt sums up why this race was so important.

"It was a popular podium, and also an important one. It marked the return of the battlers, the three men who do not focus on perfection, but instead trust in their skills in a dogfight to come out on top. All three made impertinent passes on their opponents, and tried passes that weren't really there, risking failure. It put the show at the heart of racing once again, not the contrived show of a rigged contest, but the pure competition between men who do not fear failure, and are prepared to gamble."

I wouldn't criticise Jorge or Dani out of hand (well, maybe Dani) but it's a good observation and backs up my observation that we need more of the same by yesterday's top three because they bring the races to life.

Like I said, I've really come to like Jorge over the past couple of years and what he achieved will go down in legend. Same article also gives an insight into Wilco Zeelenberg's role in persuading Jorge to go for the quick operation.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Jeez, those Hondas are fast aren't they?

Actually, quite interesting how much faster all the yams were at this track, shame but probably wise that CC took his time to pass Georgey but today the M1's were so much better it was virtually impossible for the Old Mincer to cock it up.

Well done but hardly anything more than a lucky set of circumstances and there's nothing wrong with that, it's won him titles before.

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

CH987

Yes interesting. Interesting also that last year's track conditions were groun 37 and air 23. This year instead it was 18 ground and air 18. So what's your point exactly CH987?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What a hero

Spectacular stuff from Jorge. This man redefines the word 'hard' Cal, is never going to win a race giving up a gap like that so early, despite his obvious pace. Pedrosa seems to slipped back into old habits. Or at the very least he needs to find a way to make these tyre last a race. I must admit I thought the Yamaha's would be the ones struggling more on the rubber this year with the way they work the edge more. That RCV is not the dominant animal Wosi and coy like to think it is. Proof of that came from yesterdays winner. The world nr.6 needs another to be reconsidered Alien class though. Nonetheless well done  - a sound ride and well controlled race.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

explain nostro

One of your feeble comments a short while ago...

Rossi's talent is undoubted by the majority of G.P fans. That talent lies somewhere below true Alien status. Some would say now that others have become better than Rossi that he's little more than a mid pack rider now. And all in the prime of his life. Oh dear.

Your GOAT will be doing what goats do best 2013. Feeding off scraps.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Lin Jarvis revealing that Cal is riding a 'full factory bike' already

For those that missed it - 17.30 mins in... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b036ptmt/MotoGP_2013_Assen/ Obviously why he's stopped whining about being on 'inferior' equipment.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

On the subject of his starts

Looked like he wanted to play at being Jorge's wing-man to me. Makes sense sucking up to Jorge as he is a potential future team-mate at Yamaha and Vale probably only has one season left there.............................................................................................. Jorge is only friendly with Cal as he isn't currently a threat. Watch how long their 'friendship' lasts if Cal removes Jorge's balls from his mouth and starts challenging him for wins and spoiling his championship challenge...

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

and one from pasey casey!

Prepare for a nut kickin bud...

I just can't see it bud. No-one can knock Vales record but at his age, facing THIS opposition, no way imho. And that's 'colours aside'. Should he do it or even come close then i'll be here to cop the flack, drop my draws and prepare for a nut-kicking! Wosi's first in line but should yopu wish to reserve a place then be quick, seats are selling fast!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Nice win for Rossi ( didn't think I'd be saying that!). Would he have won against Jorge? Who knows, but he beat MMand ped so that's good enough. He should be cautioned by his own fans though for making hard passes on the first lap though....he himself pointed out how dangerous that was last week didn't he :) Awesome ride by Loz though!!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Chupa

Some of us have known about Cal's bike since the start of the season.
Some have actually said it is a better bike than the current factory ones but then some do not want to believe that is true for obvious reasons.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle