Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

traylerm8

Jan 13

traylerm8 says:

Yamaha XV250S

I really like the look of this bike, and what I've read about it:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Yamaha/Yamaha-XV250S-Virago--1995--2001-/

I haven't handled one yet.

I'm trying to find out whether it's got a fuel injected engine - or old style choke system.  Does anyone know please?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 June 2013 16:53)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha Virago XV 250

Hi Traylerm8

If you're looking at a 1995-2001 model ? it have a single carb with a conventional pull choke.

Reply to this Topic
traylerm8

Jan 13

traylerm8 says:

That's a shame. Which bike then?

Hi kcmc

Yes I thought due to the age of the model it may be a choke system rather than fuel injection.  That's a shame, I prefer fuel injected bikes.  Less to remember and think about e.g. make sure you make the bike warm up on a cold day , don't ride with the choke out... Far easier to get a fuel injected bike.

Do you know of any modern bikes then please with a similar spec, but fuel injected of course?  The thing that attracted me to the Virago XV250 is mainly it's low seat height.  This is very important to me being only 5ft1inches tall. I loved it when I saw it because I used to ride a Yamaha SR 2003 version as well (loved it apart from the choke lol), so the look of the Vigaro was very similar and pedal and gear lever the same type.

Being a 250cc also good for now , as I've only ever ridden 125cc s so far.

Thanks from traylerm8  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices