Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding happy despite last lap defeat MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding happy despite last lap defeat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding happy despite last lap defeat

Scott Redding refused to be too downbeat after he saw a third Moto2 victory of the season slip from his grasp on the final lap of a pulsating scrap with main world title rival Pol Espargaro in Assen yesterday (Saturday). Redding surrendered the lead at the first corner on the final lap and Spaniard Espargaro then delivered a faultless last lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Pol self destructed spectacularly after a strong showing in the first round.

if he can't handle the pressure of winning after one round i wouldn't employ him unless he made a particularly good cup of tea.

the repurcussions of a 5 round aberation don't bear thinking about in MotoGP.

others think differently .

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

MCN

Gotta say I think it's disgusting that the "supposed" top motorcycling paper in the UK does not report the full facts regarding races and results etc, re.  BennyBinLaden's post.

Hope someone in MCN see's his post and takes note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

do you read the print version of MCN?

it's a lot more detailed than this site which is fair as they are trying to sell papers.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Bad 6th gear, probably 8kg+ on Pol and trounced down the straight.If wanted a rider for my 1000cc race bike I'd take Scot any day.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Lots of crashing and running wide

Yeh the pressure getting at Scot thats why he's 3 inch off Pols back wheel all race trying to extract the last ounce of go from his bike,

Scott looses out in the power to weight ratio game and also suffers with his aerodynamic  but his skill is keeping him in the fight.

If big Scotts wobbling like ye say Benny could you please point out just 1.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

gixanator

Yes, I buy it every week and not just for the race reports but for the overall variety of topics, and yes fair point there is more detail in the actual paper, however surely they should be including important facts like this which give a clearer insight into the result, and which makes their headline make a bit more sense ie. "Scott Redding happy despite last lap defeat" cause I am initially thinking how can he be happy getting beat by his biggest rival? however bring the gear problem into the equation and it then makes sense, eg. he had a mechanical problem so was happy with second place!!!! bad journalism IMO!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hmmm...

Benny-B... that's exactly what I thought... he turned up in Malaysia a few years ago totally unprepared & pulled out of a race that most of the 60 or 70 riders out there dealt with. Things like that stick in your mind but he was a stroppy kid then... maybe his mentoring should have been better.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by what seems to be a new, more professional Scott & it's impressive to see him race to, but not beyond, his limit & manage a strong title challenge... let's hope he keeps it up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices