Skip to content

Discuss This Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium

Delighted to have secured a third MotoGP podium of 2013 but disappointed not to have pushed Valentino Rossi for the win in yesterday’s Dutch TT, Cal Crutchlow left Assen with mixed feelings. Starting from pole position for the first time in his career, a slow getaway and a familiar problem of turning his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 on a full...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 293 days ago (30 June 2013 12:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

On a satellite

bike... he is doing an awesome job. Well done Cal.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Cal is doing a sterling job, he now has his maiden MotoGP pole, just another step in going forward.

dusting off one works Honda and pestering the other for the 2nd step is impressive for anyone, let alone a satellite rider.

unless you are biased of course.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Cal did indeed do a sterling job, but he was a lot further from winning this race than he is telling himself. Was dropped just as easily as the hondas when Rossi felt it was worth mentioning...

Reply to this Topic
Kickstart77

Jun 13

Kickstart77 says:

The lad needs to pull his finger out of his arse earlier ... Despite being a satellite bike there prototypes . If fuel load is such a problem ...What's stopping them making auxiliary fuel tanks to move some of the weight elsewhere where it won't hinder him early on?

Reply to this Topic
rapidrhys46

Jun 13

rapidrhys46 says:

he's a good rider but far too arrogant and needs to be more humble.... ...he also needs to realize he's not on vale's level and take a seat. he can't do a race without a mistake yet and he thinks he can fight with rossi for a win.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

cal great race

but you would have still HAD to pass rossi not so easy i think!

Reply to this Topic
Kickstart77

Jun 13

Kickstart77 says:

Rapid46... Don't talk like a prat.. Cal is leading Valentino on points on a satalite bike.. Up to now Cal's pretty much wiped his arse for him..

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Hmm.

Maybe he should work on his starts and his pace in the early laps instead of moaning about the lack of factory support he gets. Its clearly quick enough to win.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

what Cal is saying is he finds it hard to get a feel for the bike in the early laps because of the fuel load, it may well be that Jorge and Vale do have a different tank that moves the fuel load and if Cal had it it might help, even if it's merely a psychological boost, he's not being arrogant, if he believes it will make him faster i have no doubt it would and i think you'll find that Yam restrict what can be done on the bike , after all it's their bike, not Herves, so no home brews fixes.

at this level it's more than getting a feww hundredths out of the bike, a riders mind can gain as much.

and i understand that Cal seems ungrateful at times but humble people don't win championships.

mental strength is foremost in this sport at this level, Marquez has never been fazed by anything on track(ok, he did have a lull after the after-practice crash) and that's what it takes.

Cal is not that different, he'll chase the rider in front whoever he is, yes Vale was on fire and none of the aliens with the exception of Jorge could have touched him, my only criticism is that Cal took too long to pass Jorge but under the present and future circumstances i can see why he showed caution, that's a racer thinking about his future with the confidence that others that matter will see the same.

and they are.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

I was wondering...

... why Cal, who is as vocal as they come when he feels he has an equipment disadvantage, hasn't been banging on about this magic fuel tank recently. You know, like he did about the brakes, and the engine.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle