Skip to content

Discuss This Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium

Delighted to have secured a third MotoGP podium of 2013 but disappointed not to have pushed Valentino Rossi for the win in yesterday’s Dutch TT, Cal Crutchlow left Assen with mixed feelings. Starting from pole position for the first time in his career, a slow getaway and a familiar problem of turning his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 on a full...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Great....

at least you have now stopped changing words BBL... well done :) you do listen after all.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

That's unlike you BBL (2)

to avoid questions... As you are already aware BBL, in your first few posts to me you were editing it and changing some words, emphasis and meaning... not just inserting paragraphs etc and no, I didn't keep a written record of it... I just thought how sad.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Disappointment...

expect more... they would only expect more if they genuinely rated him as an Alien BBL... because that is the territory he is performing in.... explain that with your absolute facts??? So Jarvis and co think Cal is an Alien and is expected the defeat the elite of the world... that means they think he is part of that elite...???

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Great...

so your saying Cal was the fastest rider then eh...??? so you think he is of Alien status... not sure i agree with you there BBL... but regardless thanks, despite your child like ways, it's been fun on a slow evening :)) night.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

As ever...

you say one thing and then change your mind BBL... you said I was to have the last word... work on that consistency aspect eh... now I am going to sleep! Night.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Ahhh Benny ye just don't want to give credit to Cal do ye.We got  a good Brit riding the wheels of a satalite bike and taking it to the 4 Aliens.Dovi last year got the parts over Cal, he done realy well but all his podiums were 20+ seconds behind the winner unlike Cal this year whos been finishing just seconds behind.

Dovis podiums last year or the bronze medal position were against Yorgi and Dani, Casey took 3 races out and rode injured for many more races,Rossi was on the Ducrapi and Spies chucked it at the sight of a corner.

Cal this year is up against Yorgi Rossi Dani and Marquez. Sad to say the Ducrapi this year in the hands of Dovi is turning out to be a Ducrapier and is being rode with a lot less skill than when Rossi was on it.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

BennyBinwanking

just look att you're posts on this tbread , soon be time to make up some new names after a meltdown , how aboit taking your medication and going ahead with your chemical castration, you'll be fine as you talk more bollocks thsn you will ever need , Benny lets hope there is a helicopter and an assault rifle wielding bunch of paratroopers coming to a house for you !

Reply to this Topic
Equinoxboy

Jan 06

Equinoxboy says:

Disappointment a good sign

It is a sign of Cal's progress that 3rd at Assen is seen as a disappointment. He made several mistakes in the race (although my first opinion on the last lap incident was that Marquez braked extra hard to put him off line) and still finished 3rd. It was infuriating to watch him tip toeing along behind Jorge but it is obvious that he believes he has a chance with Yamaha next year, which would have gone right out the window if he had skittled their already injured, number one rider. Back when Jorge and Casey were finding their way in MotoGP, they were either getting great results of binning it and commentators were saying that you can teach a fast rider to be consistent but you can't teach a slow rider to be fast. Cal is showing that he has the ability to learn (last year, he struggled to overtake slower riders and he's passed plenty so far, this term, although Rossi, Pedrosa and Lorenzo aren't slow!) and he sure is fast, so I think the best is yet to come.

After decades of mid-pack to back-marker Brits, it is great to have somebody from this island to cheer for, who we feel disappointed with for only coming 3rd! Go Cal!

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

Dovi & Cal

Noddy when Dovi joined tech 3 Cal had already been in that team for a year, and if my memory serves me correctly Dovi was the better rider in that team for that year - how do you know Dovi got all the "good bits" over Cal?  I wonder how well Dovi would be doing if he had been with tech 3 for as long as Cal? 

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Yamaha have stated time and time again that they will only ever support two factory bikes. At the recent test Rossi stated         "I also tried the swingarm Lorenzo has, which is a little stiffer and I liked this and we will continue with this. At the end we found a very good package that gave me a very good feeling, especially in braking" So not even Rossi has the same spec bike as Lorenzo. So once again Benny in your attempt to run down Cal you show your total lack of knowledge of the sport.

An honest question... why don't you just fuck of an die you twisted little nobody.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices