Skip to content

Discuss This Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium

Delighted to have secured a third MotoGP podium of 2013 but disappointed not to have pushed Valentino Rossi for the win in yesterday’s Dutch TT, Cal Crutchlow left Assen with mixed feelings. Starting from pole position for the first time in his career, a slow getaway and a familiar problem of turning his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 on a full...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

herve unhappy

do you know him then? is that why yamaha plan to supply him with a factory engine for cal if they retain  him then? your misled and you are not part of the moto gp paddock as you wish to be, rossi is cumming eh!!! sounds like you have a bum boy festish lol baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

your sour because your loving dovi is shite and you know it, so you make yourself feel better my ranting rossi and nothing more than a bandwagon wanker who gets told fuck off week in week out by all your locals and most here on these forums. you used to be a decent member, but your issue is the problem with cal, and we dont like it you douchbag.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

@benny the yank

Herve hoped for better he didn't say he was disapointed with Cals ride.

Anyway last weekend results for the Brits

Motogp 3rd

Moto2 2nd

WSBK 2x 1st

WSS 2nd

Not bad for a little island off the coast of Europe

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

not bad at all

see the welsh aint lighting up shit,no offence but this welsh guy does seem to hate cal but for what reason? like many in the past who didnt like foggy, tough shit sheep snogger.!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Foggy

I got Benny down as a Yank,posting out of our time zone,claims to be Welsh but in his last avatar he was sat infront of the union flag, any Welsh guys I know would use the red dragon.I know he watches motogp on eurosport but so did another yank Rawdog,wouldn't be surpised if they ain't the same person.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You're back I see Benny

Despite your assertion that your work was done. I see you expect others to follow your pulpit pontifications but can't follow your own line

As you're back, let's take up the matter of Cal's settings again as I'm still confused by these Rossi Barcelona settings you say he tried.

His mention of Rossi's settings was at Assen and he was referring to the settings that Rossi now has from the Aragon test seeing as those are the settings that have helped Rossi's front end issues. Rossi found nothing at the Barcelona test. He said Rossi's new settings were similar to those he and his team tried at the Barcelona test.

According to all sources, the Factory Yams have the new fuel tank to aid weight distribution, something Lorenzo asked for. Cal doesn't. Would Rossi's Aragon settings work on the Tech3 bike with it's different weight bias?

What is strange is why Cal and his team didn't go with the settings they tried at Barcelona which he said helped his corner entry on full fuel appreciably. He gave an explanation, not sure I understand it but as I don't ride the bike I don't have to. I know they had some wet weather but there must have been time for a few runs on full fuel to see if it worked.

All said and done, 3rd is a fine result for a non factory bike. Being on pole isn't that important in terms of a race result, it's a nice confidence booster but no guarantee of anything for any rider, races can be won from any position on the front three rows, sometimes lower. He has again smashed Bradl and Bautista who should be wringing their heads in despair and asking serious questions of themselves from having an ART right up their chuff at the finish.

More work on how to sort out those first few laps and there is a real possibility of a win. Please.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh dear

And I tried to be so polite too.

A rather long winded way of saying you don't know

Don't be so shy next time, just come right out with it

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

As Herve said recently

"Cal is a special person, I worked with many riders but he is for me something more, he is a friend"

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

That's a shame Benny

I thought we may have managed to get to the bottom of the Crutchlow settings mystery

Perhaps I misjudged your ability to conduct a civil conversation

Or perhaps I overlooked the fact that you haven't a clue

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So do I

You read that one didn't you

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says: