Skip to content

Discuss This Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mixed feelings for Cal Crutchlow after Assen podium

Delighted to have secured a third MotoGP podium of 2013 but disappointed not to have pushed Valentino Rossi for the win in yesterday’s Dutch TT, Cal Crutchlow left Assen with mixed feelings. Starting from pole position for the first time in his career, a slow getaway and a familiar problem of turning his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 on a full...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

bin laden

casey stoner- if the bikes fast over one lap it will be fast for the race

cal will learn by his mistakes and clearly has the speed not to mention he is doing it on a satellite bike!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Good ride but...

73mach3 - "cal great race but you would have still HAD to pass rossi not so easy i think!"

...Cal wouldn't have had to pass Rossi or anybody if he'd got off the line right... he needs to get his starts sorted... it's pointless getting pole if you just get mugged by all the top guys. Over 20 laps (4 to 24) he lost less than half a second to the race leader so he has the pace to run at the front.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Cal can set up a bike as well as the next man, you don't get a pole in MotoGP by 3 tenths with aliens all about you if you can't.

the mind of a racer is as important as the bike under him , look at Rossi on the Duke, no confidence, witness the latest racer to fall foul, Dovi, swimming in a sea of whataboutery although we all know he is a good development rider (Honda didn't employ him to win races or the championship) so Cal just needs to get as comfortable with the bike as Lorenzo,Rossi and Pedrosa are and it takes time unless you're a Marquez, which few are.

Cal's working his apprenticeship and he needs to sort a few things but in time (there's that all important word) he'll get there despite what is spewed as reasoned argument here.

on another note, Splading has the kind of access we can only dream of so if he says there are differences i'm more inclined to believe him than any armchair champion.

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Gixanator

It really frustrates me when people come up with the statement that Cal Crutchlow is still working his apprenticeship? Now I'm sorry but you are coming out with his kind of lines and he would love to be recognised as a rookie/apprentice. The complete truth is that ended a long time ago and now he just needs to stop with all his constant excuses. If its not the bike it's the weather and if its not the weather it's his dam hayfever. For months now he has been moaning about not being able to go with the rest at the start of the race and how he is unable to stop the bike until the fuel goes down?? Well that wasn't the case yesterday as he started pole and by the time he got to the first corner he was 5th? So just to summarise, he makes excuses about getting the bike going and another about stopping the dam thing?? I have never listened to a man come up with as many excuses as that man. I think he must right them on the back of his hand before the race so he has something to tell them when he gets back!!!! That's in between all the ehhhs and ohhhs in his interviews!! Give that man some media training that way he might actually talk some sense. I think he thinks he is some kinda comedian, where in truth his patter is crap. How many times is he gonna mention Matt Roberts hair or clothes- every bloody interview!! The truth is he looks like he needs a good scrub as he looks like a homeless hobo!!! Haha

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

yes, of course Simon, you're the authority aren't you.

Cal is doing what many  have done before him, coming up through the ranks is a very different proposition to being parachuted into a works team with all the requesite parts and people to see you to the top.

so yes, Cal is STILL serving his apprenticeship and even you must admit he is getting faster and more consistent in the Tech3 squad (a satellite tream and if you really believe that Cal is on an identical bike to Jorge and Vale you're kidding yourself).

excuses? what excuses? oh yes, you mean the excuse that the tyre Jorge used was not good enough, a rogue no less yet the manufacturer could find no fault? no wait, it was that bump in the track that no-one but the great Rossi could find with his unique lines? or Bautista saying his line was perfect but the other guys wasn't?

every rider on the planet has excuses Simon, you just fixate on Cals because you don't like him, thankfully he and his employers don't give a flying fuck who you are, let alone your incisive critiques of his days work which was the 3rd best display in the world at his particular place of employment.

the boy done bloody good and your inability to congratulate a man doing a good job makes you very good company for a few other other armchair heroes here.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Great ride by Cal would have been great had he beaten Marquez I'll say it again Crutchlow is showing why he belongs to MotoGP this will put up more interest in his services.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

we'll see at the end of the season won't we Benny.

emotive bollocks about Dovi being the greatest thing since sliced bread is forlorn even for you Benny.

you're closer to the mark with Pol who i expect to pick up the WC this year but he is way, way too fragile to be a premier class WC especially as he self destructed with absolutely no pressure whatsoever (for 5 rounds Benny, count them , 5 rounds!!!!!!!!!!!) and to do it in front of the world is equally distressing for his future employers.

Cal is doing a better job than any non alien unless you can point to another rider garnering so much interest in the paddock Benny?

if you'd like to discuss Pol's mental fragility or Dovi's supreme set up skills i'd be happy to engage; if you want sound bites for your Pol-fragile ego...... well, fuck off, you've got enough "fans" to keep you going.

bye Benny, when you can construct a reasoned argument i might cross swords (so we shan't be crossing swords anytime soon, in my humble opinion) but until then have a happy life, i have a 2nd half of the best season for many years to indulge in.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Don't engage the Benny, he's an attention seeker. Best to just ignore him & he'll go away.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Benny I noticed that too!!! ha ha, I think he's been shacking up with Joey Barton.. Or Eric Cantona.......v funny... where's your head??

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Ben and his random thought

Rev., is it not a trifle rich for a Taffy to speak of elocution?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices