Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

Valentino Rossi ranked his 80th MotoGP victory in an enthralling Assen race yesterday (Saturday) as one of the best of his career after he rolled back the years to win for the first time since 2010. Winless since the Sepang race in Malaysia 32 months ago, Rossi controlled the 26-lap Dutch TT from the sixth lap to notch an incredible 106th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

to finish first , first you have to finish.

if you fuck up in qualifying you aren't worthy of the pole position, if you fall in the race you are not worthy of the win, no-one at this level gets gifted places i'm afraid, you need mental strength by the bucketload and the sort of confidence in yourself that comes across as arrogance sometimes, Foggy being the benchmark!!!!!!!!!!! .

Rossi beat everybody put in front of him this weekend and no-one can take that away, at this level unless the bike lets you down there are no excuses(ask Jorge).

Cal could have done better from the pole but i doubt he could have done better in the race, badgering Marquez with the other Repsol behind him is a right result in anyones book.

or not, there's always other opinions but to refuse to acknowledge good work by riders at this level smacks of ignorance.

Rossi's changed the game (on this showing) and i'm going to enjoy the racing because the permutations have just become more complicated by a huge factor.

i'd love to see Cal get his maiden win (i don't believe it will happen this season) but i'm just as happy to see any rider do well, criticising somebodys job from an armchair because of bias is never a good look.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

well done

Gutted for Dani but well done to Rossi and Lorenzo.

Best thing about this race is the Rossi haters are quite clearly upset.
Their childish comments say it all.

How many of you tossers said he would not win again?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Gixa...

"...no-one at this level gets gifted places i'm afraid, you need mental strength by the bucketload and the sort of confidence in yourself that comes across as arrogance sometimes..."

I agree & it's something I've commented on before...

Rossi on winning... "This is one of the most special victories of my career"

Cal on his recent podium... "I never want a gifted podium of course"

... & on his 1st ever pole... "I'm pleased with the qualifying position but it’s not a true pole without Jorge"

Yep, the difference between a champion & a genuine nice guy. They are both bike racers but only one is a multiple world champion... the other leads him in this championship.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

bang on panny, and non more so than our resident hedgetroll.. he's clearly spitting feathers.. Hedgey I haven't laugh so much in a long time after reading your last post.. heads gone!!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

any rider

could do what vr did but they are not him and have not been through the ducati nightmare and gone form winning to nothing at all,i can see clearly why rossi would deem this his best win after that long not been on the top step i mean who would'nt?? good for the championship tho but cal form me is wanted property,a few more laps he could have had both facotry honda's imho. dovi had a great race tho. hehehe

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

to be fair to Dovi, he did as well as the bike would let him, that much was clear from the formation flying he and Nicky flew all race.

i think i see what you're saying H5 although not sure you're getting what i'm saying.

if places are "gifted" did Cal get gifted 3rd because Dani wasn't good enough this weekend?

was Dani gifted 4th because Jorge was a meccano set?

you might just as well say Vale was gifted the top step because the others, through lack of pace for one reason or another weren't able to challenge?

this is bike racing, some weekends it works, some it doesn't but nobody gets places handed on a plate, they fight hard from the moment they step on the track and whether it's good enough is decided by what race fans call a "race", i.e. to see who is best at the particular track they're at.

you can't even bank on the track favouring one manufacturer over another, didn't Jorge win at "Honda tracks" and vice versa for Dani and Marc?

we see the fight very much from the outside and allowed a breif glimpse throughout the weekend to make a judgement so Rossi's now the new god (except, obviously he's finished and Marc is the messiah we've all been awaiting but he languished in 2nd having his ankles nibbled quite ferociuosly by Cal but hey, it could and probably will be different next time, that's racing for you!!!) and Dani's going to lose the title yet again(albeit losing it from the front so until he does he's still top dog) and Cal is doing the satellite bike of Tech3 the mother of all PR jobs (and Monster want that PR push, it'as why they sponsor him).

enjoy the racing and leave the mind games to the experts.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

he'll never win again

First time I've actually said it, but more than happy to do so now. And, unlike you yellow zombies, I won't have to wait the best part of 3 years to be proved right.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Gixa...

"i think i see what you're saying H5 although not sure you're getting what i'm saying"

I just quoted what others have said in relation to what could be seen as gifted positions that, as you state, are part of racing but can make racers sound "arrogant". I was showing that some racers can seem more arrogant than others & pointing out an obvious difference in the approach of 2 riders, at different ends of the MotoGP achievement scale, to their respective positions.

I agree... it's racing... they have all been the subject of injury & misfortune before & others have gained by their disadvantage. All 3 Yamaha riders did well this weekend considering what happened & what the outcome could have been... bring on the next race.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

One thing you ain't at the moment weskit is happy.

You're trolling digs at Rossi have blown up in your face and you ride a fkin Ducati..that probably steers better now after you lost the front and smashed the fker to bits, than when spanking new and it rolled out the factory gates.

Hahaha.. 

Double chin up you sad muppet.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

weskit

My my you are really hurting.Like panny says his win has really got to you.
You are a complete fool to say he will not win again but that has been obvious for a long time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices