Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

Valentino Rossi ranked his 80th MotoGP victory in an enthralling Assen race yesterday (Saturday) as one of the best of his career after he rolled back the years to win for the first time since 2010. Winless since the Sepang race in Malaysia 32 months ago, Rossi controlled the 26-lap Dutch TT from the sixth lap to notch an incredible 106th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

Colours off.

It really is a shame this heading wasn't a year or so ago as i'm sure he'd love to have done it aboard the Duke. Shit happens though I guess.

After the past 2yrs or so I can see why he'll rank this win above many others and I would too tbh. Fairplay to Vale, he rode superbly and it was a well deserved victory.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hugelean

What justification is there in this comment

Looked to me like the hondas tried to go with Rossi and he wore them out so much so that even Cal could pass them at the end

even Cal...

With that comment you repesent everything that is loathsome in a certain type of Rossi fan

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bulto

With that comment you represent everything that is loathsome in a certain type of Rossi fan

---------------------------------------

Amen to that.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

yep that's the risk with bold predictions

You may be made to look foolish if they go awry. I'm sticking with mine though, it's the least I can do in return for all the priceless ones you yellow lemmings have made over the years. 

You might be onto something Wosi, clocked up a lot of miles over the weekend and it felt like it was on rails. Funny it didn't work for the sun god though, he crashed his loads more. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

I think its great that Rossi has ended his dry spell, but until we see consistant podiums and at least one more win I won't get to excited. Afterall Assen has always been an extremely good track for Rossi, lets hope that this new setup will carry on working, he did look much smoother and more comfortable.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Rossi won

Rossi won, Rossi won, Rossi won, Rossi won, Rossi won

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Giggly school girls

I wouldn't get too excited. One race is not a trend - certainly not in the face of two bashed and broken Aliens. Assen is special. It is a heavily cambered track that can mask from end woes. Nr.6 should be back at his station with Cal soon enough.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Wosi

No way are you a biker,u don't think crashing is a joyful subject do you? Or wish it upon weskit? Don't know if u have noticed but you language has got chav teen related since Rossi's win Saturday,cool it.

Reply to this Topic
Equinoxboy

Jan 06

Equinoxboy says:

From a neutral standpoint, it is only good for the sport to have more riders on the top step. Last year, there were only three. Variety is the spice of life.

P.S., there has been so much nonsense spouted on this forum about Rossi never again winning a race. Well done to him for putting that one to bed. Although it was almost inevitable that somebody would immediately predict that he will never win another one. Doh!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I for one

hope that Rossi does win a couple more just to add a bit of spice to the proceedings, Could you imagine a three or four rider decider at Valencia on 10th November. Heavens to Betsy!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices