Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

Valentino Rossi ranked his 80th MotoGP victory in an enthralling Assen race yesterday (Saturday) as one of the best of his career after he rolled back the years to win for the first time since 2010. Winless since the Sepang race in Malaysia 32 months ago, Rossi controlled the 26-lap Dutch TT from the sixth lap to notch an incredible 106th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Maybe a fit JL would of won and maybe he wouldn't, it would of been a good battle all the same. But that's not the point, in the end the whole weekend is about practicing hard, cutting out mistakes and then racing well on race day. JL made a mistake and Rossi did everything right on that weekend, simple as.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I finally agree with Firebird

JL made a mistake and Rossi did everything right on that weekend, simple as.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It really is that simple. 

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

No chest beating here...

...RimRider, just pointing out what a clown you are. Forget Jorge, he might have won fit, he might not, but your guys got beat. Funny you should say mentally fragile, I was wondering if little Dani's feeling the pressure all of a sudden. You too by the sounds of it. All those negative comments on Crash getting to you? Chin up fucko!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Guess

Who's back. Nostro the twat!!! Get over it, he won and that's the end of it. See Dovi the GOAT did well on a cambered track then. Beaten by a CRT and stuffing Hayden on the run in so Bradley could over-take, what a guy!! I thought you said he would never win again Nostro. Do you want to write on her all of the excuses now a-head of the next victory!!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rigid..

:lol:..C'mon Rimmer lad, stop being such a gimp with all this talk about the RCV being shite.

It's the Yamaha riders who are making the difference, especially Jorgey. Looks like Val will step into the breech while he's getting better now too.

Pugwash is gonna get beat by his rookie team mate, trust me. He'll never win a title and just isn't used to the pressure of leading the championship.

Marquez is doing fantastic, but he hasn't got the experience required this year.

Put Jorge, Val or Cal on a Repsol and the HRC lads on the M1 and the season would be over already.

Deep breath sunbeam..now pull yourself together.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

a prediction from Wosi

Good stuff, Pedrosa to never win a championship. Somewhat cowardly compared to my gutsy call, but better than nothing. I'd offer to make it interesting, but you flaccid yellow acolytes have a history of welshing. Kawasakibiker left in shame rather than ride naked around the north circular on his kdx 50.

Rossi on an RCV? Over Nakamoto-san's dead body, but even if that considerable obstacle was overcome he'd still need at least half the season to have it modified to his liking. Because if there's one thing we've learned it's that if the bike under him isn't perfect he can't adapt or improvise.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Aah..my favourite subject..

..This improvising and adapting?

Wouldn't be the same as when Casey fell off the bike 5 times during 2010 would it? When he tamed the beast?

You know..Before he quit in a huff saying the bike was uncompetitive and, surprise, surprise..Ducati wouldn't give him any new parts?

Didn't seem to adapt well to everybody else getting his spangly super sticky Bridgestones either, finishing bottom of the alien pile 2 years on the trot..and that was before the competition hotted up.

I don't think you pay much attention weskit?..Rossi has just proved that with his crew, if given the right support and a little time, they know how to make a bike work for him, which means it will work for everyone else.

Ducati had the chance to follow his lead and did a half-arsed job. Heads rolled.

Now they are aimless and totally in the shit.

Don't think much for your bike's residual value going forward..who the fk wants to be associated with total failure.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

fairly obvious Wosi

at least at this stage in his career, and perhaps even as far back as 2000, that Rossi does like his bikes a certain way, and that one of the reasons for his spectacular success is his ability to make them that way, hardly a criticism, and in fact beneficial for his team because it means they have a good bike going forward which usually suits others as well as him. I don't think the current Honda would suit him out of the box, but is of the same nature as other bikes he has developed so successfully, and  I am sure he could develop it to suit him within a few races, as he did when he adapted his bike and himself to the Bridgestones in 2008. It would imo take him less time than the Yamaha has taken this year, because he wouldn't have to re-learn trusting a bike at the limit and/or lose the muscle memory of the constant attempts of his most recent previous bike to throw him down the road.

That most would at least to some extent share your opinion on the hypothetical situation of Valentino's return to HRC doesn't make your usual speculation stated as fact or history about the performance of that other rider at Ducati any more evidence based than it has ever been, although admittedly you have been provoked on this occasion.

Reply to this Topic
Geepier

Jul 07

Geepier says:

Ifs buts and maybe's

Right from the moment Rossi crossed the line i thought "this will spark things off on MCN" and the usual suspects don't dissapoint. Devout Rossi fans see it as a told you so and haters a flash in the pan. but the great man himself said we will see if we can mainatin this level - so lets just see heh.

Egg is certainly on some faces and somehwere in the world i'm sure a young(note young) Australians can of four x got crushed when the news broke and he went from being a bit of a Rex Hunt to feeling a total Rex Hunt.

So whether a flash in the pan or a watershed moment 90 thousand at Assen will still remeber a memorable win

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

it's not really a subject though is it

More of a monologue repeated endlessly in the hope that makes it true. For someone who professes an appreciation of Rossi's race in Qatar for "the way it was achieved" you seem to have a bizarre fixation with end of season placings as the benchmark for performance. Stoner is on the record as saying the bike was great when it worked but was difficult and sometimes impossible to set up, and his main frustration was the factory not working on refining it enough to make it more consistent. Were they they same bridgestones that 8 or 9 other riders had btw? 

So what exactly were these pearls cast before the Ducati swine? The heavier crankshaft? Aluminium tubes? The pile of random parts left untested in the factory? Or the ranting that it was the engineers job to fix it? He came, he couldn't ride it, his "development" made it worse, and then he complained it was all someone else's fault. 

The 2013 yamaha was hardly a bike that needed work, yet he still took what, 6 races for the goldilocks to get it just right?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices