Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

Valentino Rossi ranked his 80th MotoGP victory in an enthralling Assen race yesterday (Saturday) as one of the best of his career after he rolled back the years to win for the first time since 2010. Winless since the Sepang race in Malaysia 32 months ago, Rossi controlled the 26-lap Dutch TT from the sixth lap to notch an incredible 106th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

hardly

Not sure anyone believes Nostros ravings that all ducati's problems were caused by Rossi and JB they appeared to start a while before that(on the introduction of the stoner/presiozi lead design)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you give us the results of the Stoner/Presiozi lead design versus the Rossi/Preziosi lead design please bud?

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

err, zero competition except rossi?

who was runner up in 2007 hugelean? fricken dunce. no wonder you can't figure out your phone

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

all speculation now

Hugelean to which we will never know the answer, and probably an inappropriate tangent now that the certain truths are Rossi still being a winner  and Stoner being retired, and I was drawn back to this by a reply to Nostradamus. Obviously what both of us have are opinions; mine is that whatever the relativity of the opposition was in 2007, the GP07 still required a radical riding style to be fast over a lap. Valentino whilst much better obviously than all the riders who couldn't alter their riding style would still imo have needed to alter his, which sure maybe he could have done in 2007. Marco Melandri who as has recently been pointed out was no slouch on a Honda 990, to my surprise at the time couldn't ride the non carbon fibre bike, including the GP07 in the post season test, but I guess he couldn't ride Yamahas either.

I have always thought Rossi was in no way responsible for the pig that was the 2011 Ducati, but then I don't think Stoner was really the architect of the 2010 bike, with a Marlboro advertising executive having quite a role in that bike being, like that former New Zealand bowler, neither one thing nor the other. The 2009 bike was fine for Stoner, if no-one else, when he was healthy.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Whatever happens tomorrow DF

A Kiwi wins. Go the Welsh Lions!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Yes hugelean, the only reason Stoner won in 2007 is because of his superior tyres. The same tyres that EVERY Bridgestone runner had access to. Unlike the overnight specials that Rossi received from Michelin for the previous six years. F@cking fanboys!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices