Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ranks Assen win as one of best ever

Valentino Rossi ranked his 80th MotoGP victory in an enthralling Assen race yesterday (Saturday) as one of the best of his career after he rolled back the years to win for the first time since 2010. Winless since the Sepang race in Malaysia 32 months ago, Rossi controlled the 26-lap Dutch TT from the sixth lap to notch an incredible 106th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 June 2013 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Ah..my favorite subject..

Stoner. Blah blah blah blah blah. Rossi is God.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

What I dont get

is he has won a race for the first time in three years. The crowd at Assen went mad when he got to the front of the pack, It was a perfect ride and the old addadge you have to finish to win and finish first. I am no rossi fan boy but what I saw on saturday and last night on the Iplayer was a masterclass in how you manage your tyres and the pace of a race by someone who has more experience than any other out there. Why belittle the fact that at 34 he has won? Jorge made a whopper of a mistake and came back and rode a blinder, but he made a mistake. The ducati in its current format will not get any where near the podium and now that CRT has been thrown out for next year they need to get there shit together because everyone who is behind them could be in front of them if not. IMO this was no fluke for Rossi and it could just be the start of something interesting.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Diddles...I didnt know you were a frequent collobarator on the yellow lemming site that is crash.net , not surprised really. Wosi i never said the RCV was shite, i stated which one is better at the current moment. Flo would win on the RCV? hes shown he doesnt have the fortitude to push a bike that isnt stable with the front end. The best bike of 2013 is whats helping flo win. On the RCV hed probably be circling around where Bradl is..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Since you insist Geepier

This entirely creditable win by Rossi, apart from further proving Rossi has sustained a level of excellence over a longer period than anyone else including the young Australian to whom I presume you heavy-handedly refer who is not even a close competitor for longevity, which we already knew, proves nothing else to or about that retired rider.  Why would someone winning a race on a factory Yamaha, which even apart from him not being in the current field by his own choice is a bike he has never ridden, matter to him? It is not as if  the race was won on a Ducati, which he might not mind in any case.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

weskit..

..you're a blinkered bias fool with a vested interest..a Stoner fanboy and you own a Ducati.

I put you in the same boat as Nostro & Bulto. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you about Rossi at Ducati because you think the sun still shines out of Casey's arse and he was totally blameless for developing a bike on which his results went backwards.

You trot out the usual tripe. Stoner wasn't helped by Ducati but say that Rossi got what he wanted and made the bike worse.

So why haven't Ducati gone back to the CF concept that gave them all this success with Casey? Have you got the balls to answer a direct question you all keep skirting round?

You are aware that even The Australian struggled with inconsistency and called the bike uncompetitive in 2010. It was the main reason he gave for leaving.

Get your head out your arse. That Stoner rode the bike like no other, is beyond question. He put it all on the line. But that doesn't mean he did a good job bringing the bike on. He didn't, because he was prepared to ride around issues rather than try and sort them out or crash trying.

He got what he asked for..it's just he didn't ask for very much.

He was a virtual rookie when he went to Bologna and didn't know what a good bike felt like. After his final season with HRC and the stubborn rejection of a bike that has seen Pedrosa's results improve out of all recognition..it's doubtful he learnt a fkin thing and still doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

So where are Ducati now..without Stoner to flatter the bike and without Rossi to develop it? What do you think their next move should be Einstein?

The evidence says Rossi can still ride a bike and you're whining little bitch about how long it took - 6 races - just goes to show what a lightweight fkin idiot you are.

The evidence says that Ducati haven't got a clue.

Like many here you CALLED IT WRONG and haven't got the balls to admit.

You were happy dancing on what you claimed was Valentino Rossi's grave, joyous in your gloating little man shoes.

The public humiliation has got to you. It's only gonna get worse and believe me..wosi will not step back an inch to give you a breather from the misery.

Have a nice day fucko..

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

I don't contribute, Rimmer lad

But I do read other sites. What you not surprised about? You're getting yourself all muddled and confused again. You're the one on there posting. Idiot.

An unstable front end is it now. Dani said tyres, front and rear, Marc said, "In fact, Valentino was simply faster than us today."

Clown!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

bangon rimrider, what the fuck would Rossi know about riding the Honda?? keh??

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

touch of distemper?

I've always though bike development is 90% down to the factory, 10% down to the rider. It's only the Rossi-is-a-development-genius crowd that thinks any different. All based on him turning up at yamaha and liking the same new engine all the other riders did.

Why doesn't Ducati go back to the carbon monocoque? They put all this effort into redesigning the bike for Rossi with the aluminium spars and it made NO FRICKEN DIFFERENCE you muppet. Until they figure out what the primary problem is it makes no sense changing anything else. Carbon fibre has a bunch of advantages to engineers and it will likely get resurrected again by some manufacturer. Jury is still out on the Panigale in WSBK and superstock.

You too you grumpy old tw@t. And don't worry, if Rossi starts winning consistently i'll admit i'm wrong. Might even buy you one of these

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

The aluminium spar frame on the Ducati has made a difference, it has been noted by all the riders that the bike is now easier to ride at the same level of performance.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Very thoughtful of you..thanks

I'll come and pick it up in person.

I've got the town..just need a house No. and street..

dildos photo: Dildos Dildo.jpg

See ya soon..

xx.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices