You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Insurance garages

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

Insurance garages

Hi, just wondering if somebody can explain to me why, when Honda(the manufacturer of my bike) has done an assesment of the vehicle, what they have said cannot be used in court?

My insurers assigned an engineer who produced wildly different figures which im arguing paints the wrong picture of my bike, wrong repair values, wrong sale values etc etc...they tried to charge me to get a new report done so I said F* off and now they're trying to assign one for free, which then wasn't able to arrange anything and expected me(as a renter who rents alone in a house accessed by other people) to just drop my job at some random point in the day to go back(at a cost of lost hours and i can't come back the parking charges make it pointless), or leave my bike out in public all day...told them to F* off again now they're trying to get somebody else...

Why am I having to go through all this when Honda has already done an assesment(at my request, via the insurers as I told them it's my right), if it did get repaired(doubt it) I'm only having Honda do it...so why can't their assesment be used?? Nobody else is touching my bike.

P.S. I'm Non fault...so my insurers won't even be footing the bill!!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 July 2013 10:16)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance report

Just for clarity, Honda has not inspected your bike - unless you had it shipped to Japan.  One of Honda's approved dealers has inspected your machine. 

That aside I understand your frustration and don't understand why their assessment should not be taken at face value.  It may be that the dealership is only equipped for routine servicing and not certain types of repair - for example where there may be frame damage and a jig is required to re-align it.  Or they may not have a paint booth if the insurance are going down the route of panel repair rather than replacement.  Either way, without full details most of us will be guessing as to the reasons. 

Hoppe you manage to get it sorted.     

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Honda's quote cannot be used in court.

Is that an expression or have you really taken your claim to court?

Even if they're not paying this one the insurers will need to be consistent across all claims. Why wouldn't an insurer go with the most expensive quote? Um...,

:huh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices