Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith eager to rest recovering wrist MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith eager to rest recovering wrist

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith eager to rest recovering wrist

A career best qualifying performance and a fifth successive top 10 finish of 2013 in Assen last weekend didn’t come as comfortably as British rider Bradley Smith might have hoped.Surgery after finishing in a career best sixth in Barcelona to insert a screw in a fractured scaphoid bone in his left wrist didn't alleviate the pain and discomfort as much...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 July 2013 16:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Another strong ride considering the injuries. Keep it up Brad and here's hoping the worst is over. 

Talking of wrists, is it not about time you gave yours a rest too 'buell'?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Keep going...

The critical stats are his race times back from the font runners, not from other slower riders who may be having a bad day, on crap bikes etc... that time had been coming down consistently... +50 +44 +41 +40 +32 & now +33... the last 2 have been with injury... he needs to get fit & start bringing that gap down again. It's a season for learning but he's got to prove that he consistently is. Crashes are part of that & are acceptable. Injuries have to be dealt with.

Good luck to him & I hope he keeps fit.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Pacey

Buelli has been conspicuously absentaneous and abstemious on these forums for most of this year. You'll forgive him for having a good old 'tug' over the rider he respects no more than any other out there. Buelli's always been a clueless tosser, but you know that.

Smith has had a fairly good year to date, pretty much what you'd expect from an old GP hand (but class rookie) riding the worlds best Moto GP machine. I still don't think he 'deserved' the ride, but that's inconsequential. He has it and is doing alright. Will he stay on the M1 next year? I'm picking a leased M1 engine for Smith to accomodate the winner Pol. Cruel world? Live and die by the GP sword. Results are everything.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

hand job

ye all ways said es a bit of a wanker

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Results are everything

Nostro ?   Explain that comment then in terms of The Goat.

Injuries notwithstanding Bradley should be mixing it with Bradl and Bautista not with the Ducati's although I would say that he's not doing a too bad job  and why is Pol held in higher regard than Aleix when it comes to next year's Tech3. If anyone should be given the chance to move up a notch it should be Aleix.  I would submit the theory that given his performance on the ART he should be on a Tech3 M1 or an LCR or Gresini RCV.   The CRT boys are being overlooked in favour of Moto2 every time.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Saturn

Eh?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

"Injuries notwithstanding Bradley should be mixing it with Bradl and Bautista not with the Ducati's"

A bit harsh considering they're on factory kit & he's still a rookie... ?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro - never mind!

Hedge - It's a harsh sport - you have to prove your worth even as a rookie.  But - it's only my opinion !

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

nostrodumbass

Your the tosser pal...Buell's views make more sense than your distorted ones.

In fact you have to be about the biggest tosser on here and I am sure many feel the same.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Nostros right...I think I just vomitted a bit saying that!...Tis true though, Smith's landing of such a sweet ride is a head scratcher, and a case of a long term guess by Herve that didnt pan out as hoped. And a 2 year contract to boot!!. He is doing an ok job, as a rookie, but I dont expect him to get much better than he is now. He seems destined to fight for P6-10, with the odd 4-5 opportunity.  Bradders seems like a good kid, and no one can deny his work ethic, but as far as being a moto gp star...he's not good enough and no amount of work will change that. He had potential as a youngster in 125's, and I even thought he had turned the corner when he got a win, forever ago. The truth is he has been less than average in both 250's and moto 2...never in the hunt for race wins, let alone the title. He is missing that x-factor that the truly greats have, that unshakable hunger to win that will not be denied...Jorge showed his, at assen, dani didnt. Rossi did too, and even though im not a fan of his, crutchlow has a bit of it as well...not enough to win the title, and i doubt he will even win a race, but he has had a 2nd and a pole and thats pretty special. The esparago brothers have it, which is why pol will take bradleys ride next year...and herve will have to give smith a bike so probably a sweet engine  in a shitty frame is what he will get...ask ducati how thats working out. Im not sure the nature of smith's contract, but as crutchlow said earlier this year, if you have a contract with herve only, he can put you on whatever bike he wants to. Maybe smith should have a stab at the moto3 title next year! Aleix deserves a tech 3 more than his brother, but if pol wins the title he will have a world championship to justify his ride.  Crutchlow has a pole and some podiums, to prove his worth, and smith has a 125 win years ago...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices