Skip to content

Discuss This HRC poised to take up option on Stefan Bradl for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > HRC poised to take up option on Stefan Bradl for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

HRC poised to take up option on Stefan Bradl for 2014

Honda is poised to invoke an option in Stefan Bradl’s contract that will see the German remain with the LCR Honda squad for 2014. After an impressive rookie campaign in MotoGP last year, Bradl was handed a two-year deal direct with HRC, but with an option for the second season in ’14. The 2011 Moto2 world champion has recovered from a shaky...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 290 days ago (02 July 2013 12:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

honda door closed

boring and not good for the sport. it needs a shake up, bautista's contract should be pulled,redding deserves a honda more than these two the current form he is on.but id also say bradl more than bautista should keep the ride.

Reply to this Topic
brooko67

Nov 11

brooko67 says:

Yeah.. I agree that Scott deserves it, but also Cal. Why would Honda choose Bradl so readily???

Mind you, that Honda is built for Umpa Lumpas... Scott would struggle to fit on it. Andy

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Bradl

Worthy of a place in MotoGP IMO , I'd like to see Redding on the HRC factory bike though , maybe put Stefan on the new customer one? .The class as a whole is improving , people who arent avid watchers of bikesports are talking about Rossi again , his fan base is HUGE ,I see we regulars endlessly slagging off Rossi or Stoner (I dont btw) but the general chap on the street just talk about Rossi , some ive spoken to havent heard of Marquez or Lorenzo , just Rossi , thats it , strange to me , but , down the pub its all Rossi , IF bikes are mentioned at all , drifted off topic a bit :D , Need a new big character in GP it seems , I like Marquez though , always smilling , my mrs wants him to win every race , maternal instincts perhaps? that or she likes younger men , the cow .

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

this does surprise me...

Bradl does deserve to be in MotoGP... but I do not think he currently deserve a factory spec bike.

Cal, Aleix, Scott & Pol would all be worth a punt on that bike more than Stephan.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

fair enough..

As witnessed by the results of last weekend, the Honda is only the second best bike at the moment. Bradl definitely has the potential to be up front, though the bikes incosistencies have brought down his results. I would rather Bautista swap his seat for Scott though.....

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

does his results deserve it though?

Nothing against Bradl ,but does he really deserve to be riding a factory Honda on the back of this years results? how long do you give him to prove himself worthy?? a good but steady rider IMO but not a future champion.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bradl is a multi race winning

W.C let us remember. A championship won when MM was in the class too. Redding cannot claim to have achieved the same.

Yes Stefan is underperforming this year. But Cecchinello & Suppo probably know a little more than any on here.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Worthy of another year?

I was expecting Bradl to make more of an impact this year so I'm glad to see his results seem to be improving, as a rider he has a lot of potential and he had a solid rookie year. Hopefully another race or two and he will be fighting closer to the front I'd like to see him and Cal have a few battles. I think he is easily capable of a podium or two this year- the more people puting in an appearance at Parc Ferme the better.

Yes Cal, Redding, The Espargos and for that matter Zarco are all deserving of good rides next year but there just aren't that many competitive bikes out there at the moment. Fair play to him if he has secured one of the few decent rides for himself.

Gotta think we'll see another big shape up at Ducati come contract time as patient as they seem to have been with Spies I can't see him keeping his ride next year same goes for Hayden. Possible ride for Redding but I hope Cal can stay with Yamaha. Factory Seat 2015?

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

WC

yes he is Nostro and you are right that that has to be remembered, as you say, he did after all beat MM to get that WC... and not many can say that...!

But he is on a bloody good bike which I would like to see seriously bugging Cal at the very least, and really MM, Pugwash, Rossi & JL at times too, and that's at the end of the race and not just briefly at the start.

Last race he was 27 seconds off the front and 12 seconds behind JL... (?) when he started off the front row, so that means he was 1 second a lap down!

Cecchinello & Suppo know their business well, but I just hope this is the right decision because we need more challenging up front to make the spectacle far more interesting and entertaining, like Assen was.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Done deal

Suppo knows the game inside out. Bradl may not ever win the title and probably won't, but he is an invaluable asset to Honda. Then there's the fickle finger of fate to be factored in. Should Dani or Marc suffer a long term injury during any event,who can they call on? In Yamaha's case they have Calvin. Ducati have a whole bunch of non aliens at their disposal,witness De Angelis racing for Pramac in Laguna. Moto 2's potentials are in abundance but have nowhere near Bradl's 'cover arse' experience within HRC. Who really then for another year outside of Bradl at LCR with full HRC support?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle