Skip to content

Discuss This HRC poised to take up option on Stefan Bradl for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > HRC poised to take up option on Stefan Bradl for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

HRC poised to take up option on Stefan Bradl for 2014

Honda is poised to invoke an option in Stefan Bradl’s contract that will see the German remain with the LCR Honda squad for 2014. After an impressive rookie campaign in MotoGP last year, Bradl was handed a two-year deal direct with HRC, but with an option for the second season in ’14. The 2011 Moto2 world champion has recovered from a shaky...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 290 days ago (02 July 2013 12:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

I see it more as a PR move.

No doubting the lad is certainly one of the leading racers in the world at the moment and his talent should not be questioned. That said I wonder if he will ever really make the steps that Cal has. One thing is clear though, much like Mr. Clutchslow has fanned the flames of Moto GP fever due to nationalism and or patriotism, Germany has been starved of GP success and this guy has an incredible following in his home land. Success by nationality seems to travel the globe in a big Mexican wave. Be it best riders, best machines or both. First a majority of Brits, then Italians, then Brits, yanks, Aussies, Italians, and now the Spanish. Honda will want to keep a hold of any capable German rider for sure as until Cal becomes a serious title contender the German market will take precedence over the UK. Personally I would love to see Redding in that team and on that bike. Let's hope he gets a good deal and gets on with it. IMO the M1 is too good, too well set up, and too easy to ride. If Cal takes the Ducati bait he is a fool and will spend an uncomfortable amount of time following his nemisis from the Tech 3 team last year.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

well its down to who you know rather than how fast you are waste of time if  ask me would like to see it go to someone with real talent like alex esp he deserves it more or redding , crutchlow for that matter

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

IMO

Bradl is as good as he's going to get, it would be nice to see Cal have that ride, but I don't think that'll happen, but more importantly both Cal & Scott Redding need to stay away from the Duke, or they're both done.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

The Sachsenring has already presold 120,000 tickets, welcome to the politics of MotoGP,they need a German he happens to be the best for the time being.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Re: Winger

Yeah that is what I said but winger made it  a much easier read! Thanks.............

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

It

of course has nothing to do with the fact his main personal sponsor is Red bull and that they are one of HRC's main sponsors. Of course not , how fu*king cynical of me!

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Improving

Bradl's performance until Assen were on the slide. However with the change to Brembo front brakes his performance has improved. If this continues then he deserves to keep his seat next year. If Assen was a one off and his results slide I wouldn't expect him to be on the same package in 2015.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

improving?

he was 27 seconds from Rossi & 6th... that's one of his worst race results this year.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

All this complaining about not enough factory bikes and next in line is Bradl. They don't need them. With the exception if cal there aren't many factory bike shoe-ins. And cal isn't a shoe in.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I don't think Stefan Bradl will step up to top class level. But then again? Who can. Pol and Scott are by far the best Moto2 riders right now, but i have doubts about them being much better than Bradl. You really have to own Moto2 to run well in MotGp.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle