Skip to content

DUCATI Staff Blog: Multistrada 1200 tyre review MULTISTRADA 1200S

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > MULTISTRADA 1200S > Staff Blog: Multistrada 1200 tyre review

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Staff Blog: Multistrada 1200 tyre review

The Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring is now on the third set of tyres in 6500 miles with a set of new-to-the-market Michelin Pilot Power 3s the latest fitted. I’m going to do a run through of how each one has stacked up so far: The standard fitment for the Multistrada is a 17 inch front and rear with a 120/70 front...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 288 days ago (02 July 2013 14:57)

Post a message in MULTISTRADA 1200S

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I agree with your comment on the Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres being heavy steering compared to others. I had them on my Tiger 800 and when they wore out, I replaced them with Continental Trail Attack and the difference is amazing. Great grip and faster turn-in on corners. Will be sticking (no pun intended!) with these in future.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

wet grip

I am a Pilot 3 convert, I had bridgestones on a VFR1200, and in the wet , a bit of gas when the bike was upright the tyres would spin far too easy, when you look at the tread pattern, there is no tread on the centre of the tyre, I felt if it spins when upright I was looking for an accident riding in the wet if I lent it over..  Put on the Pilot 3's and i can ride just as fast in the wet as dry, only by going over a metal drain cover when wet, and ripping open the gas on purpose, only sometimes I could even get it to spin. Im sure a lot of riders dont like the wet because of this lack of grip, good wet tyres and your fine

I would really like to know if research has been done into accidents in the wet and the tyres fitted at the time of crash,.

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Plumber01

Do you mean the Michelin Pilot Road 3? If so, that's not the same as I have fitted to the Multistrada 1200 although I do have a set on my own 1998 Honda CBR600F-W, have tried them on mulitple bikes before and I know just how good they are in all conditions.

The Pilot Power 3 on the Multistrada are a lot more sporting in their focus than the Pilot Road 3 but seem to cope very well in the wet despite that.

I am not sure any research has been carried out into what tyres are fitted on bikes as I am not sure this is the sort of information the police collate; beyond noting if they are legal or not after an accident.

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

Andy

Thanks, yes I was refering to Road 3's, but I know what you mean about the Power 3's,  you think its time to lose the last of your stripes, and the pegs scrape out, and there is still a  couple of mm left, just how low do you need to lean it  over? Prahaps we should ask Mr Neeves to take them on track!

Reply to this Topic
TyreTecTrading

Oct 13

Tyre Tec Trading website

Very influencing post. It shows that how benefit the Bridges tone Tyre is? One can know after reading this.

Thanks.....

Tyre Tec Trading website

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle