Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki launches new V-Strom 1000 website New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Suzuki launches new V-Strom 1000 website

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Kirsten Ash  says:

Suzuki launches new V-Strom 1000 website

Suzuki has launched a new website dedicated to the eagerly anticipated V-Strom 1000 adventure bike first revealed at the Cologne Show in late 2012, and expected to be shown in production-ready form later this year.The new V-Strom will be the latest addition to the burgeoning list of adventure sport bikes from major manufacturers, and while it carries on the family...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 July 2013 15:47)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Lets hope

Lets hope it's as good as it looks. Hopefully there'll be a wire wheel option!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Price, price, price

On spec it's going to be closer to the Tiger 800 or the F800GS than the ~1200 bikes.  So it'll need to whup the 800s on price as well to be a compelling buy.  Will it?

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

like it

The engine looks similar to my SV1000 which is a beautiful engine - likely to be even gruntier if it's retuned for less top-end.

My SV does about 55mpg so I kinda hope the Vstrom would be similar - Id be tempted if it's a bit physically larger than the current VS - they feel like a 125 compared to a GS or Tiger!

Ta,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

V-Strom pap...Let's see some aggressive styling

When are the bike manufacturer's going to produce an adventure bike that looks a millon dollars?:upset:

Ktm ruined the Adventure's looks, Bmw has always been weird so i'll let them off, Triumph Tiger 1200, overweight behemoth, good engine i hear though, Triumph Tiger 1050 well not strictly an adventure bike but Ducati MS nearest rival, again road bike only, Honda's attempt looks like the gentleman's Range Rover, Yamaha Super Ten looks cheap and nasty, Moto Guzzi Stelvio looks thrown together, Ducati MS is a road bike plain and simple.

Suzuki V-Strom, great engine, looks jeez:wacko:....... The old model had a nice looking frame, good engine weird marmite looks, but the NEW model what a dissapointment.:mad:

Do something with the looks will ya...I bet it'll cost plenty to own one!!!

Why on earth mess with the frame? The seat and colour scheme look 90's shell suit era, tacky, the forks and Rad cals are a welcome addition though, the exhaust is atrocious, the sub frame looks an after thought and basically it looks crap. If it's going to be road only let's see the 190/50 back tyre and 150bhp engine, 55mpg, Suzuki.:hmmm:

I want to see desert racer factory looks, give these bikes an identity....Off road looks with on/off ability, or make em' strictly for the road and don't call then adventure bikes.

They're tourer's, simple as that pretending to be something they aren't, apart from the KTM and Beemer to a point. Right, that's my rant over with.......

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Like it! Muchly!!

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Poor

Piss poor site. If this is meant to excite potential buyers, jog on. Teaser film of an extinct volcano is tosh. Like the look of the bike though, so there is hope. 1/10 for the site.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

not sure?

I just know this is going to be a bit like me, overweight and not as fast as I should be!, the Japs seem to have lost the plot on these adventure tourers, Kawacka  , Yam, Honda, and now suzi all have heavy comfy soft bikes (that dont sell very well) This may be what focus groups tell them, and I may be alone, but I want a sportsbike that is practicle and one that I can ride all day without my legs screaming in pain, sticking some gear on the back when I tour is handy too .Could one of them please take on the europeans, look at the Ducati MS , its selling by the bucketload and its over 3 years old, KTM cant seem to do anything wrong at the moment, and Triumph cant seem to do anything right, ( well they are very good at copying outdated BMW's) except a colour change and a new indicator every 3 years or so.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

@stressed1

I like these bikes.. they're superb travelling companions. But I also agree with you entirely. I bemoan the death of the KTM 640/690 adventure and would love to see it back. The nearest thing anyone seems to being doing in the big thumper category is the 650 Tenere but it's so weak of engine and heavy/loose and with that fixed riding position that it just doesn't float my boat. Come back thumper adventures!

Reply to this Topic
stuarthw

Sep 09

stuarthw says:

Hello Kirsten, Welcome to your dads old stomping ground. Wow , what a  beautifully crafted article. Best wishes for your future (you certainly would have bright prospects in journalism!)

PS Sadly the ( on-line) motorcycle world can be a cruel place sometimes... I guess you have to ignre a certain section of the community ( it strangely appears to be restricted to the uk, overseas comments/subscrbers seem to be much more enthusiastic)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices