Skip to content

SUZUKI Staff blog: Burgman v Tmax: the jury's out BURGMAN 650

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > BURGMAN 650 > Staff blog: Burgman v Tmax: the jury's out

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Staff blog: Burgman v Tmax: the jury's out

One or two readers have commented that they doubt the Burgman 650 is as good as some other big scooters out there, like Yamaha’s Tmax or BMW’s C600 Sport. This week I’ll be finding out.   I'm doing a group test of six big scooters, also including the Honda Integra, Aprilia SRV850 and BMW C650GT.   I’ll be doing my 160-mile commute on each of them over the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 July 2013 17:22)

Post a message in BURGMAN 650

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

The jurys out

i think they might come back with a guilty verdict.

be really scared if they have a black cloth on their head when they do!

Reply to this Topic
Allworld

Jun 13

Allworld says:

The Jury's Out.

I use to ride a Tmax for many years and loved it. The week link was the CVT, if  Yamaha developed a Dual Clutch Automatic or a conventional shifting transmission then it would be perfect. Combining a little sport DNA with a maxi scooter is a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Only big ones?

How about  300 and 400 group tests?

I think that might be more relevant.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Kymco MyRoad 700i

Is or will it be for sale in the UK (coming to the US sometime this fall)?  Looks to be a worthy competitor on the luxury/touring maxi-scooter segment.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Piglet2010!!

According to the specs on line, its 265kg dry! A bit heavy I think. Nice looking and practical but what will it weigh when wet?

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Kymco Myroad

If the Myroad as announced as a UK model it would be doomed to failure.

The Kymco Downtown 300i is significantly cheaper and it doesn't sell at all well despite being an excellent machine..

Just 83 Downtown 300 scooters registered in the UK.

That's 83 sold total from Q3 of 2010 to Q1 of 2013, pretty dismal.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

big scoots

Just been looking at the Piaggio X10 (350 single) God it's like sitting on a comfy sofa after getting off my 'blade, and according to the press it'll do 85mph and return 80mpg, as well as being up to decent milage motorway trips. Could very well be the future for this "senior" bike rider. License will be a lot safer too...

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Not just oldies!

If the scoots weren't such a premium over bikes then I'd seriously consider a maxi-scooter as my daily ride. They make great sense for someone who commutes serious distance of mixed motorway, A roads and town/city daily in all weather. Comfy as an armchair, plenty of weather protection etc. If I could afford one of these AND a 'fun' bike then I would but paying that kind of money for a scooter I'd rather spend a little more and go for a machine like the new BMW F800GT - belt drive, enough poke and fun on the days when you're not just commuting. Horses for courses but I'll be sticking with my cheap, fun and economical ER6n and put up with the occasional discomfort during bad weather and longer than normal commutes (even with the extra bits I've added for comfort).

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

265kg and pricey too.

Do they sell these things by the pound? Weight is one of the first things I look at on a bike specification. Maybe these scoots carry it low and so don't feel one-and-a-half times the weight of my ZX6R when they're on the move, but it won't help nimbleness when manoeuvring at low speeds.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

traditional

how do these relate to the smaller traditional large capacity scooters , no expert, but I think honda do or did a sh300 and i think vespa also have a 300cc version which may have more power but also the lightweight handling and manoeuvrability of smaller scooters

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices