Skip to content

SUZUKI Staff blog: Burgman v Tmax: the jury's out BURGMAN 650

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > BURGMAN 650 > Staff blog: Burgman v Tmax: the jury's out

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Staff blog: Burgman v Tmax: the jury's out

One or two readers have commented that they doubt the Burgman 650 is as good as some other big scooters out there, like Yamaha’s Tmax or BMW’s C600 Sport. This week I’ll be finding out.   I'm doing a group test of six big scooters, also including the Honda Integra, Aprilia SRV850 and BMW C650GT.   I’ll be doing my 160-mile commute on each of them over the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 July 2013 17:22)

Post a message in BURGMAN 650

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Plumber

I've seen an old boy who lives near me take to riding a Honda SH300i.  He rode large capacity BMW tourers for years, but as he's gotten older he can't handle the weight of them any more for pushing them in and out of his garage etc.  He loves his SH300 to bits and like me, thinks that people in this country are missing out by writing them off as merely 'scooters'.  He's toured abroad on his and reckons the Europeans have the whole bike things sorted, whereas so many people here have their heads buried so far up their own a****s with the 'image' thing that we'll never have that kind of bike culture our continental neighbours have.

Reply to this Topic
topping123

Jul 13

topping123 says:

Fair review

Having owned a T Max, 300cc Vespa, Aprilia Leonardo and Aprila Mana 850 (before taking a manual license and getting a R1200R and then an F800GS) I think this is a very accurate review - it's great to see someone understanding the benefits of a Burgman for the long commute - it's definitely the best tool for the job. If you drive through a town a lot the Vespa suddenly becomes the best tool as its a whole lot more nimble.The T Max is as stated immensely confidence inspiring due to its impeccable handling. Why o why don't they do a 750cc TMax? I think the TMax is the most reliable - In the two years I had one I did 24,000 miles and it didn't even blow a bulb

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

A weighty subject!!

Its OK people saying these scooters feel fine when riding but weight is an issue if you have to manually move one out of a garage/shed or if it falls over, can you pick it up? If a manufacturer can make one like the Burgman but be no more than 200kgs and have a low seat height where we can all reach the floor, I don't think they will be able to sell them fast enough.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Having sat on one (Burgman 650)

It feels more like a cruiser - weight low down which means easy enough to manage and push about in my experience (of cruisers). More top heavy bikes can be just as cumbersome to push about weighing less. Didn't give it a test ride I must admit as the dealer couldn't convince me that it'd do for all my biking needs (fun for weekends as well as commuting 1000 + miles a month).

Reply to this Topic
GarbageGuy

Jun 09

GarbageGuy says:

I have a Burg 650 after going down from an FZ1, They are amazing, very fast, 115mph, cruise 80-90mph very easily, acceleration doesnt slow down till about 90mph so will keep up with 2.0 turbo cars,( very funny ) very flickable for me anyway, I tried the burg 400 and touched the stand down on the first roundabout, the 650 hasnt touched down yet. loads of storage under the seat..and the best bit..the wife loves it, she complained about the acceleration braking bashing helmets, on this there is none, huge engine braking and super smooth acceleration, she can even read and send txt in her armchair.

Reply to this Topic
GarbageGuy

Jun 09

GarbageGuy says:

waste of time

Waiting for an apology for not printing the test ?? I went and bought a copy...nowt ??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices