Skip to content

Discuss This Dutch TT Dashboard MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dutch TT Dashboard

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Dutch TT Dashboard

With the Hondas suffering in Holland and Lorenzo set back by injury, it was the return of the King at Assen as Valentino Rossi took his first win in two years. See how it's affected the championship.    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 July 2013 17:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh those beastly HP Honda's

On average in the seven races to date this year the difference between the fastest Honda and the fastest Yamaha has been a measly 1.9kmph. Or in your archaic British speak a smidgeon over one mile per hour.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Hey Ho Benny

Nice to see you sucking up the shit for your hero's performance ,drifting nicely into the wilderness isn't he boyo,maybe Cal wil let him polish his visor in a couple of seasons time ,We will leave you to clean Dopi's helmet you old knob licker,Whats your prediction for Dopi's next podium he seems to have even lost his ability to shoot off the line and get in the way for a couple of laps but thats progress for you,I mean the other riders progress of course, you mug ,why is the old rev theme gone benny did you get tossed off again or are you just being "sheepish" ,have a great day at the day centre

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Hedge

You're waffling now mate. You can spin it anyway you want but to say that the Ducati didn't have a power advantage because the Honda possibly had the advantage at 3 tracks out of 18 is laughable. Who's to say that the tracks where the Honda did well weren't due to some other completely unrelated factors (weather, mechanicals, crashes, injury etc) You've assumed way too much and proved nothing. The Ducati was a missile that year and no amount of spin and bullshit can change that. Although I'm sure you'll try. But as I said before, no reasonable person would, or has doubted this.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

"to say that the Ducati didn't have a power advantage because the Honda possibly had the advantage at 3 tracks out of 18 is laughable"

Prove it... Honda did well at all the tracks... at 3 I counted they did better than Ducati... Rossi's Yamaha was always well down the speed sheets... at the San Marino GP he was 5kph slower than Guintoli on the Tech 3! That's significant in your books. Guintoli was only 2.5kph slower than the fastest Ducati. These are the statistics you'd use to prove that the Ducati did have a significant speed advantage over it's competition if it did... it didn't which is why you're not.

"You're waffling now mate"

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

More waffle

You're repeating yourself now hedge. I'm perfectly happy with what I've said and have no need to prove anything. Infact if you're so sure of yourself then the onus is really on you to disprove what I've said. And by disprove I mean with actual facts, not you're personal opinion or more statistics which you freely admit you haven't really looked into, or the continuing stream of waffle and excuses. The Ducati was a missile in '07 both in terms of speed and acceleration thanks to its superior power output. Ducati took advantage of the new formula in a way the Japanese were not prepared to.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Or put another way

Stoner took advantage of a factory ride in a way the yellow bed wetters like SM were not prepared for and mentally have never re-adjusted to.

Pure tripe from SM as usual.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Tanty alert!

You sound a little upset noshbag. Nevermind, wipe away those tears and celebrate in the succes of all your fellow motorcycle racing countrymen at the moment. Where did you say you're from?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Also note the lack of

any denial in terms of the performance of the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What's there to deny

our little sniffer of his own panties?

Dovi is performing more or less equivalently to what last years 'lead' rider did - on in essence the same machine. Given their talent level remain on about a par this is hardly surprising. Were you expecting more?

Let's also remember Rossi's best Ducati results came on the CF 'Pramac' machine, before his chaotic input fucked the thing up good and proper.

Perhaps once Corse finally move on from the bike that Rossi built we might actually see some progress from the red corner.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

So you agree with me then nostro...

...that the Ducati had a performance advantage in 2007. Albeit in a rather angry and upset manner. Hedgey's not gonna like that!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices