Skip to content

Discuss This Dutch TT Dashboard MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dutch TT Dashboard

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Dutch TT Dashboard

With the Hondas suffering in Holland and Lorenzo set back by injury, it was the return of the King at Assen as Valentino Rossi took his first win in two years. See how it's affected the championship.    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 July 2013 17:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The Japanese are well known for their conservative philosophy, the first year of the 800's being no exception. The Italians on the other hand said "wotta the faaack, turn eet up to 10 and letsa faaackin win one"

The Ducati won by using more of the available horsepower, and a devil may care attitude. Anybody believing otherwise is either on medication, or has their #27 nipple clamps wound up too tightly.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Benny..

I really can't understand your fascination with Dovi. He has had one win (in conditions where who would win was a lottery) in 5 years of being in MotoGP despite being on a full factory Honda for 3 of those years. He simply isn't and never will be one of the top class acts of MotoGP. Good journeyman though.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

"The Ducati won by using more of the available horsepower"

I think you'll find that only one of the Ducati riders was able to consistently use more of the available horsepower to win... as was only one rider of the similarly high powered Hondas... unfortunately the Kawasakis & Suzukis which were only just down on power only managed 1 win between them with seemingly no-one able to harness all that power... or maybe they were pigs to ride too.

As I said, if your using top speed to indicate power, why was & is Rossi seemingly consistently incapable of harnessing that power in comparison to the other Yamahas?... & still leaves the question why did/does he still win races despite such a shortfall in top speed?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Just because...

...only one rider was able to make the most of the significant and obvious power advantage, dosen't mean its not true. Stoner clicked with the super stiff front Bridgestone, Capirossi did not, and despite the speed advantage lost too much in the bends.

Interestingly having the fastest bike and access to the super stiff front tyre seems to have been a common factor in all caseys success on two wheels. No stiff front Bridgestone, no casey.

Was it the meds or the clamps?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

"Just because... ...only one rider was able to make the most of the significant and obvious power advantage, dosen't mean its not true."

Unfortunately, for your argument, it didn't have a significant power advantage... at at least 3 circuits the Honda was faster than the Ducati & mostly it was close in the power stakes. For some reason Rossi, on the Yamaha had a significant power disadvantage on many occasions to his team member, & other Yamaha riders, as well as to Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki & Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"he certainly straightened Barbera out."

..Oh Lord!....Hahahahaha hahaha...

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

good god..

"..every single time, whatever the track, those Repsol bikes are top of the speed traps. I reckon Lorenzo would be winning races by 20 seconds if he was on one" here we go, because motogp is just one long 1/4 mile isnt it? did you forget there are usually more twisty bits than the straights? something the Yamahas gobble up. Yamahas leading the constructors, goes to show which bike is the best right now, despite someones belittling of the championship leader. 20 seconds? well i know one rider who might be 20 seconds BEHIND the race winner had he been on a Honda this year...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Listen Ben, if your man get's into the top 4...

..then we'll talk. Until that time d'ya mind not bothering me? - slugging it out with half baked CRT riders doesn't really appeal to my social sensibilities ( I appreciate coming from Caerphilly, you'll think differently ) http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/category/worst-places-to-live-in-wales/. I've got loftier aspirations to occupy my time, the pointy end of the championship's where I'm at!..Hahaha hahaha...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Pissing in the wind?

"Unfortunately, for your argument, it didn't have a significant power advantage... at at least 3 circuits the Honda was faster than the Ducati"

Wow! 3 whole circuits, out of 18 rounds! and thats assuming we accept your version of events. Thats a pretty weak argument, that actually lends itself more to my point of view (the truth) than your own.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

"and thats assuming we accept your version of events"

MotoGP.com's version of events... not mine... the stats are the ones you were using to say he had a significant speed advantage... so effectively it's your version of events.

:winkie:

If they were faster at at least 3 (I found 3 & didn't check further) it means they were close enough for there to be no significant advantage.

"Thats a pretty weak argument"

But one you can't find fault with... thank you for conceding... you'll probably still tell everyone who'll listen down the pub that Stoner only won 'cos he had a massive speed advantage but at least now you know you haven't an argument to back it up... "Pissing in the wind".

:smile

The question still remains... why was Rossi so often failing to attain the top speed that his team mate/satellite colleagues were achieving especially considering that it was where he was so significantly losing out to Stoner & Pedrosa in 2007?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices