Skip to content

Ask an Expert Motorcycle insurance without a license Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Motorcycle insurance without a license

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Jul 11

Posts: 3

Fulcrum says:

Motorcycle insurance without a license

Hi experts :)

I have a bike a bought in February (Honda Hawk GT) with the intent of passing my test shortly after. Unfortunately I failed my test and my CBT expired along with my funds..... Now I am about to move house and my friend is available to ride the bike but it needs to be insured temporarily. Ive tried to get it insured but there is no option for no license and I can't find any temporary insurers. Any suggestions? 


Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 July 2013 21:48)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Mar 07

Posts: 272

Ginnelli says:


Hi Fulcrum. I believe your friend would have to take out a policy in his own name for your bike. Does your friend have a motorcycle licence. Do you only need the insurance to move the bike to your new house or will he be riding it on a regular basis. Anymore info would help.

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices