Skip to content

Ask an Expert Inconsistent accelerating as I go up the rev range Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Inconsistent accelerating as I go up the rev range

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Damien81

Jul 13

Damien81 says:

Inconsistent accelerating as I go up the rev range

Please forgive me if I'm being dim but I'm quite new to this. I have an 05 bandit and as I move up through the revs I get a sudden burst of acceleration between 3000-4500 revs. Once I'm past that point it calms down and accelerate smoothly again until I change gear, then it happens again. 

There is a very small hole I'm the exhaust which is going to be sorted this week, could this be the problem or am I looking for something else?
Any assistance would be greatly received.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 July 2013 03:07)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GSF 650 Bandit 2005

Hi Damien81 and welcome to the site:smile

Sounds very odd,i would have said this was a injector problem only your bike still has carbs,think i could do with a bit more history if you have it,like has it been restricted?when was it last serviced?and any other info even if you think it does not relate to this strange phenomenon only doing this at 3000 rpm-- 1500 rpm window is odd(if it was a air leak or fueling problem should be noticeable at other throttle positions).Could just need a carb balance and the throttle position sensor resetting,not sure?Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices