Skip to content

Discuss This Shane Byrne not ruling out MotoGP switch in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Shane Byrne not ruling out MotoGP switch in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Shane Byrne not ruling out MotoGP switch in 2014

Triple British Superbike champion Shane Byrne is refusing to rule out a shock return to MotoGP in 2014. The 36-year-old, who last raced in the premier class back in 2005, was strongly linked with a return to MotoGP for this season when he had the chance to move to Paul Bird’s squad. Byrne rejected the chance to ride the new British-built PBM...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 July 2013 14:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Get him on a RC213V. Until recently it seems like there has been a shortage of competitive bikes for British riders and I understand why a rider like Shaky would opt to stay on a bike in a championship that he has a chance of winning. But if he gets a good ride for motogp he should definitely go for it, racers are a long time retired.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

stay put

shakey,whats the point of riding round at the back in motogp,

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

too good/not good enough

Sorry to say but Shakey is in the funny situation of being almost too good for BSB but, on past performance, not good enough for motogp or WSB.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Not good enough...?

I thought that about Michael Laverty...! and he has pretty much proved me wrong... he has turned out good enough for a CRT ride in MotoGP... but in BSB??? I like Shakey and in a way would love to see him give it a go... but in reality I think there are too many quality young riders coming through the GP paddock that need good rides, or even average rides...

Or if you want someone very hungry from outside that paddock, Sam Lowes would be worth a punt.. with ML on the other bike... could be a nice balance of youth and experience.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

waste

no offence but shakey is riding compared to any bike on the gp and sbk grid a very stock kawasaki, why would he wanna potter around mid pack when he can be at the top on home soil most rounds, moto gp aint what it used to be and no point going there to make up the number like most e.g. randy de poo,karel ab(pooo) ect ect. rant over

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

I think MotoGP would be a bad move for Byrne - great rider no doubt, fantastic in BSB, but as others have noted here, he has tried at WSB and MotoGP before and had very little success. I think it has a lot to do with his riding style - he tends to muscle a bike about, which works very well on the generally tight and twisty UK tracks, but less so on faster flowing tracks. Oddly - I think Laverty would be faster than Byrne on a MotoGP bike on a MotoGP circuit as he appears to have a smoother, high corner speed orientated style than Byrne which those bikes seem to require. I may be proven wrong though..

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Why shouldn't Shackey have another at Moto GP,it'll be a great swan song,if he still wants to race after he can go back to BSB with Birdy,with the standard of riding in BSB he could have a year out or more and still go back and win,BSB is absolutely pants at the mo.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

No no no

He is a good But Far too old Sorry just being honest

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Hmmmmmmm........................

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

The Grinner and Shakey taking a 1and2 in whatever order in WSBK next season would suit me jus't fine! But thats jus't my Green blood talkin. I like Baz's ridding style, but he ain't taking much points of Aprillia's and Beemers is he? Shakey could ride regular podiums easilly on Baz's bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices