Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna boss: Cal Crutchlow pivotal for MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna boss: Cal Crutchlow pivotal for MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna boss: Cal Crutchlow pivotal for MotoGP

MotoGP Cal Crutchlow has become such an integral figure in the MotoGP world championship that Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta is working tirelessly behind-the-scenes to ensure the British rider has the best deal possible for 2014 and beyond. Crutchlow’s impressive transformation from struggling rookie in 2011 to consistent podium challenger in less than three years has seen his popularity rocket, particularly in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 July 2013 11:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

so you're saying Dovi went to Ducati for the good of his career Rev?

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

no, you've lost me Rev, on the one hand Dovi did the right thing as far as you're concerned to develop his career but Crutchlow would be finished if he swung a leg over it?

let's face it Rev, Dovi has only ever been a test rider since moving to HRC, nothing expected of him, which is a good job.

Cal is improving, a lot of riders are either static or declining so as far as MotoGP is concerned he's worth a punt, you don't believe so but then i doubt the powers that be at Yam and Dorna really care any more for your ramblings than we do but carry on, you're nothing................................(oops forgot to add) if not entertaining.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

'pivotal'...

seems to be a little over doing the situation...! and I am big CC fan :)

Regardless, Cal is a good personality in the paddock, like him or not, he is a nice change from the over politicised and sterile mob who have been in the series since they were very young and so have been tutored and tailored to the point where it is sometime difficult to tell them apart.

That's one of the reasons VR has such a following (relax guys, just one of the reasons!)

Cal isn't always funny, he isn't always clever, he isn't always happy and smiling falsely... so, he is like the rest of us and I think people, from a few countries now, not just these shores have started to identify with him a little more and have warmed to him, as I have.

He is good for MotoGP, Dorna, Monster and Yamaha and deserves a decent bike and pay packet.

I was kind of wishfully hoping he would get Bradl's bike and Bradl get a customer bike... but hey ho, another year with Tech3 would be great too... but hopefully not heading towards the Ducati back door to oblivion :((

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Guilty as charged Benny...

...but it's the only way I can ply my trade, Caerphilly is such a cheap town!..

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Audi

is quitting endurance racing (LMP)next year as Porsche are taking over that mantle for the VW group so Audi have suddenly got alot of cash to spend in motorsport but no avenue globally to go down. Ducati could well be a shrewd move. As for Cal being pivotal, the fans like him because he isn't a corperate robot in their eyes like the top three. Also Monster are backing the boy as he fits the companys advertising demographic and image more than Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Who was that bloke who tried to stop the tied coming in??? well you can replace it with Rev,because that's what he's trying to do with Cal and it ain't going to happen.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Tides

That was King Cnut , the silly cnut

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

What ever happens Cal should not go to Ducati no matter what they offer in terms of big pay cheques.

Reply to this Topic
zx6biker

Dec 03

zx6biker says:

There will be little point of incompetent Espeleta bending over backwards to get Cal a good ride when most of us in the UK will be denied the chance to see him unless we take up the bribe of BT to come over to them or pay an extortionate amount, ie £12 for SD or £15 for HD on Sky just for 18 rounds of Motogp on which is going to be a predominately football channel which many have no interest in at all. I already pay for Sky for British Eurosport who give excellent coverage of all the championships and has around 10 million subscribers unlike BT who struggle to get 880.000 subscribers probably mostly footy fans. I want it to remain on British Eurosport for us who want the better coverage and the BBC who do not want such good coverage but is perfectly acceptable for some and is freely available over the whole of the UK unlike BT Sports. I'll certainly not be buying MCN either to keep up with the results seeing they seem to support the move and do not support the fans. I certainly won't be bribed by BT, I already have a very good ISP. BT say it's free but that's only if you take out an ongoing contract.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

The simplest option.

Crutchlow has always maintained that his first choice for 2014 is to remain with Herve Poncharal’s French-based Tech 3 outfit, but with improved personal and technical conditions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Should the above be true then 'uncle' just has to give a nod and a wink and it's job done for someone 'so pivotal'. But i'm guessing 'uncle' has his own agenda. Time will tell.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices