Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna boss: Cal Crutchlow pivotal for MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna boss: Cal Crutchlow pivotal for MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna boss: Cal Crutchlow pivotal for MotoGP

MotoGP Cal Crutchlow has become such an integral figure in the MotoGP world championship that Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta is working tirelessly behind-the-scenes to ensure the British rider has the best deal possible for 2014 and beyond. Crutchlow’s impressive transformation from struggling rookie in 2011 to consistent podium challenger in less than three years has seen his popularity rocket, particularly in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 July 2013 11:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

teasing

we dont have to even try,he his life and more so has no real purpose to live except that is if dovi starts to win, but really it wont happen so back in the corner he goes. meh but as for cal i think the deal is done with yamaha and pol aint singed anything except and intent contract as yes i will ride if i win the championship or the crt yamaha package for smith or him,but cal stays on the m1 with factory support im sure of that.benny choke on that you co@kbreathing sheep loving pile of plop. bbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. u know shit,what u did know has gone so get back to school u tard.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think our resident Mullered Mullah

might just be onto something.

Let's start by saying I like Cal. He's developed as a GP rider more than anyone really expected. I like his cheeky disposition and his random confusion about who's riding style he has. His mouth has run away with himself a few times, but to date I don't really believe it's cost him at all.

But facts are he's on the best bike on the grid - any supposed inferiority to the factory machines is completely dispelled by CC's qually and race times. Yeah, sure at any time the factory bike might take a step forward, but for now Cal's on for all intents and purposes the best kit on the grid. This of course is Cal's fear - a factory leap over his Tech 3 machine. This is the reason he wants YMC guarantees.

Yes Cal's doing well on the Tech 3 M1 but he's 27. Yamaha are looking to groom someone for the future and the inevitable force that is MM. Is Pol Espargaro the man to step up to this plate? Perhaps (witness P.I last year if any doubt about Pol's talent exists.) Pol is a young 23, Cal an old 27.From Yamah's perspective they'd like to keep Cal, but only at their price and terms. In short Cal is dispensible to them. But what if the world nr.6 retires early? Nothing really changes. Pol goes into the factory squad direct. Understandable - he's a multiple GP winner after all.

Which for Cal leaves the status quo, Nicky's Ducati seat, or BennyBinBush's Suzuki scenario. I'm picking the red corner.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Cals main issue is that Yamaha have to try and box off Marquez for the next few years, Cal even if he was fast enough is already 27. He's a short term fix for a problem they don't have yet, with both Jorge and Rossi still having at least a couple of years in them. Sat(factory) Honda best bet, it's a very good bike which will get better when they harden up the tyres again and he's miles better than Bradl or Bautista. Trying to get Rossi's ride when Rossi is having a nightmare and still matching him is a fools game, besides that honeymoon period appears to be over..

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Your worst nightmare, whilst your typing the worlds quickest marshall types the same theory...

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

The bike he has now is pretty great, he is able to compete, his problem really is he sucks in the first few laps of a race and he sucks at overtaking. If he can fix these things then he'd stay with the front runners, sadly he always usually drops back and then takes half the race to get past anyone.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

When Cal took over Ben Spies's bike in WSBK at Yamaha, i really wasn't impressed with his results. They were good, but i never expected Cal to become a regular podium rider in MotoGp. It doesn't hurt to be proven wrong sometimes. At the Assen round i think he waisted a bit too much time getting past J-lo, then again i can understand that. Knocking off Yamaha's main man for the title who is ridding with a broken collarbone? That wouldn't have gone down well in Japan. Taking those points off Pedrosa certainly must have though. I wonder what Ezpeleta thinks of Cal when Cal says something bad about Dorna? Wich i reckon Cal will do sooner than later.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ezpeleta is playing the game on Cal here gotta say being a complete clown by wrecking his career a couple of weeks back MCN said Dorna set to offer Cal Rossi's ride and know the works beleaguered Ducati in place of Hayden. Looking forward to the negative comment from Cal about those fools who run MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Out of sync

Thing is cals out of sync with Rossi Lorenzo ,pedrosa , & Marquez , because they're all in the middle of a 2 year contract,cal got a years deal ,everybody thought that Suzuki would be back next year after the positive showing in the recent tests, but espolita put obstacles in the way,& they said not til 2015.i don't think Suzuki will change their minds,but to be out of sync with the top 4 riders will be bad for cal,with the possibility of a yamaha or honda seat up for grabs ,this time next year will be interesting

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

benderbindoggin

Your just in denial , ,monser energy are behind him totally and dorna are behind him, Ducati want him because your spotty mates doing fuck all, but Cal cleary states his first choice , others want him too I might add, who is wanting spotty or worse still who is even talking about him? After ducati he can join you , on the scrap heap , keep up your bile rantings about Cal Benny ,it makes you look more ridiculous by the day ,not that I'm suggesting that you don't look more ridiculous than you sound, now wash that gravy off your beer gut bennybinlambasted ha ha you mug!

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

On top of the world

Cal. will be world champion in 2014. Pity no one will see it 'cos it ain't on the box anymore. Some say "good old Dorna"

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices