Skip to content

Discuss This Honda power for Colin Edwards in 2014? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda power for Colin Edwards in 2014?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda power for Colin Edwards in 2014?

Colin Edwards could be poised to renew his association with Honda in 2014. The veteran Texan hasn’t ridden a Honda since he rode for Fausto Gresini’s MotoGP squad in 2004 and his previous association with the Japanese factory was when he famously won a second World Superbike title in a dramatic final round shootout with Troy Bayliss at Imola in 2002. But...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 July 2013 11:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Colin

Its all well and good putting Colin on the new customer RCV , but isnt his role developement ? A good bitsa that needs a commitment to research and developement needs a Colin Edwards on it , but a fully fitted RCV for Colin seems to me to be a bit of a waste in these times of few good bikes and many up and coming worthy riders . Sorry Colin its just as i see it .

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

I think the best place for customer Hondas would be with espagaro and espagaro in the gresini squad with the highest finishing brother getting Bautistas prototype if he doesn't get better results.

Reply to this Topic
manxman250

Jul 13

manxman250 says:

Colin Edwards

Come on colin edwards 'was'(4-5yrs ago) a good rider but as proved he couldn't develop a cold and on the subject of honda selling motogp bike..... when as honda 'ever' sold a good race bike just look at the range rs500, rs250, nsr500v, rc30, rc45, SP1...HRC bikes were winners but customer bikes have never done anything so why do you thing the motogp bike will be any different.....

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

EH?

Unlike the customer TZ 250 , 500 , 750 and 125 eh? or the kawasaki  and suzuki customer oh , yeah and the customer Aprilia that won erm ?? .Theyve all won at national class and certain international races , but its been a long long time since a private bike won a GP , cant just single out honda , the private suzukis were a bag of shyte next to factory ones .

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I am

a big fan of Mr Edwards but this is a waste of one of the proddie Hondas.

Reply to this Topic
manxman250

Jul 13

manxman250 says:

How can you slag RG500's off have you ever owned one ..only BS had a works bike every body elses bike were same spec... it was just poor mechanics and one of the worst was a certain kawasaki mechanice late 70s early 80s who is now an expert and restorer on RG's .. I could tell you some storys about his explotes on KR's joke (and yes have run a KR250)

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Do I remember how Colin got treated the last time he rode a Honda in MotoGP in 2004 when he never got a single update like the other riders at the time. I think he should go back to WSBK for one last hurrah.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

colin

HAS THE RESOURCES AND RIGHT TO DO WHAT HE WANTS,leave him to it.

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

RGs?

Regarding Richard1967s comments: I am not old enough to remember but I thought the RG500 be it factory or otherwise was supposed to be a good bike, capable of good results. That's what we hear over and over about privateer bikes being competitive back then. Is this wrong?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

RG500

The RG500 is my dream bike , I was simply using the  "logic" Manxman used to show how a customer honda was useless , so is any customer bike compared to a factory machine .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices