Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha MT-09: Beyond the hype New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha MT-09: Beyond the hype

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Yamaha MT-09: Beyond the hype

Completely new large capacity bikes are rare in these austere times, and for one to be formed around a brand new engine – which so firmly breaks with the maker’s recent tradition – is even more unusual. But triples are where it’s at right now, and Yamaha has been wise to couple the configuration of the moment with further rider feedback...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2013 10:13)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sjtscott

Aug 02

sjtscott says:

Looks good but tank size?

I really like the looks and overall bike, it really has appeal to me for a London commuter. However the frankly stupid 14litre fuel tank is the one real problem I see here! Seriously Yamaha must have been taking tips from the Honda VFR1200 design team. Real world people want a realistic tank range unless its suddenly has a stonking MPG advantage over its competitors which I doubt. Why did it not get a 17/18 litre tank? MCN can you get Yamaha to comment on this? I think they'd get more customers by increasing it. However I will test ride with an open mind wanting to like it due to the engine! I've ridden many triumph triples street, speed and sprint st and love those engines.

Reply to this Topic
feetred

Jul 13

feetred says:

Where's the looks?!

There are some things to take away from this bike and others to just leave in the bin where they should have been to start with! I'm very excited about this engine... It looks like it could be something that I have been looking for, extremely torquey, not too fast... if they can make it do 60MPG it should be a winner.... But you can have the best engine in the world and not sell any if your bike looks like it cant decide what it actually wants to be! With an engine like this I would have liked to see the 'compact' and 'aggressive' styling to go with it. Think KTM Dukes, or 848 streetfighter.... I would have given my money over readily! Yamaha should make a sports tourer with this engine.... but then again, it would go against their own Fazer, so I doubt it'll happen....

Reply to this Topic
Ant25

Aug 13

Ant25 says:

Tank capacity?

No wonder they decided to call it the eMpTy-09.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices