Skip to content

HARLEY-DAVIDSON Staff blog: Roman Holiday STREET BOB

You are in... Forums > HARLEY-DAVIDSON > STREET BOB > Staff blog: Roman Holiday

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Staff blog: Roman Holiday

My ride to Rome is now a distant memory (see MCN July 3) but I'll always have a load of holiday snaps to remind me. Here are some that didn't make it into the paper and also the links to the Google maps for the four day route... Day one, Calais to Reims: http://tiny.cc/79c1ywDay two, Reims to Geneva: http://tiny.cc/qfd1ywDay three, Genava to Genoa: http://tiny.cc/led1ywDay four,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2013 11:59)

Post a message in STREET BOB

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

As a Harley FatBoy rider I must say that if anyone thinks tuning a Harley is either necessary or desirable then you bought the wrong bike in the first place so sit back relax and enjoy the coolest ride in town and if you must go fast by a sports bike.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

No

Anyone can think that tuning any bike is desirable and therefore necessary. It doesn't matter what bike you have - it's your ride and you should be allowed to do to it whatever makes you happy without judgement from people who insist on pigeon holing. Most people ride because they're not pigeon hole people.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Well

There is the social responsibility of not tuning a street bike in a way that excessively increases emissions or noise.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Riding a Harley fast in the uk you are not limited by horsepower,ground clearance and brakes are the limiting factors a stock HD has plenty of toque to get it from corner to corner I bet this staff member is no where near the limits of this bike as it is much like most idiots on sports bikes .

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Profit

Harley-Davidson stock engines are in a low state of tune, which allows dealers to sell Screaming (B)Eagle™ upgrades at the time of sale. The margins on these upgrades are typically 100% markup, as opposed to the 35% or so mark-up on new motorcycles. It is not unusual in the US for a Harley-Davidson to leave a dealer with $5,000 to $10,000 of upgrades and accessories.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices