Skip to content

Discuss This Poncharal: Crutchlow sure to be tempted by Ducati move MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poncharal: Crutchlow sure to be tempted by Ducati move

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Poncharal: Crutchlow sure to be tempted by Ducati move

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal might be desperate to keep Cal Crutchlow for 2014 but admits the British rider could be seriously tempted to switch to Ducati’s factory squad. Crutchlow has made it clear his ideal scenario for 2014 is to remain in Poncharal’s French-based Tech 3 squad, but on an improved financial and technical package. The former World Supersport...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2013 14:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Chase the money and a 2 year deal

If I were him and Ducati/Marlboro came up with the money I'd give the desmo a crack. Its not like he's some spring chicken fresh out of Moto2 setting the GP podium alight like Marquez. Espargaro,Redding and Co. are the waiting in the wings for the next step up on sattelite GP kit.  Unless Yamaha can guarantee him full factory support for the next 2 years,he may aswell move to a factory Ducati ride for the next 2. If Yamaha are unwilling to do this, he's a podium chancer on a regular basis given current form and that all. Next step...GP also ran.

Anyway I would like to see the Dovi/Cal battles revisited if only for lesser placings on the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Cal and Duke

I'm sure he won't go there, pay day or not, they beaten by the ART CRT bike @ Assen in the dry, they've just tested the new chassis @ Misano and guess what ... no real improvement.

As a few have said, Cal should sign one more year with Tech3 and see what unfolds works bike wise in 2015 with some works riders out of contract at the end of 2014, Suzuki coming back for 2015 and another year for Ducati to try and make a frame and engine combo that actually handles, it is unbelievable really considering their WSB bikes were always so bloody good a few years ago !

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Suzuki Pork

Who says they will contest 2015 anyway. Who says they will be competitive. That pie in the sky 2 years hence is hardly what Calvin should be contemplating right now. Ideally Rossi should enjoy a stellar 2013 and go race cars or something,thus opening up the way for a younger generation. He won't of course and won't be manipulated into it as long as Carmello rules the roost with supplication from Yamaha and Bridgestone.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I want a new drug

Sounds like Cal will have a packet of Marlboro Reds permanently sitting on his motorhome table and a shiny new Audi R8 in the driveway.

Can Cal bring the physical riding style the Duke demands? Well in a former life he used to wrestle sofa's around the race tracks of the world. One of his many self confessed riding style incarnations has been Stoner's. So hey, why not? Someone has to crack the technique needed to get the best from the big bad Duke again one day. Gawd knows Hayden, Rossi and Dovi can't in it's current incarnation.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It takes forethought and imagination...

..to understand Ducati won't be in this pickle indefinitely. They have the might of Audi behind them and there appears to be a real sense of determination to put things right. This could be a good move for Crutchlow, both financially and in performance terms - it's possible to think he could hit the ground running ( no cheap puns Rev ) next season if Dovi does the donkey work now...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Hang on Trumpet

I get your drift and partially agree re Ducati. On the other hand Ducati are gagged and bound by SBK regs as a result of the old capacity vs cylinder number bugbear. Inasmuch as the GP bike is concerned, they are desperately trying to find a solution to the alloy beam Rossi/Burgess inspired solution. The engine is an absolute peach. Easily on par with Honda,if not better. Truth be told,Ducati's fortunes turned pear shaped in GP as a direct result of the single tyre supplier rule. But,that's the current state of affairs for them. Gagged in SBK and un(rubber/track/bound) in GP. Need a rider that can ride around it. Hence their interest in Calvin. Never has been gunshy on any bike. 'What if I never tried it?'

Like Dovi's move it is a safe career move right now as a result of the Rossi fiasco. 'If I win with it I'm the greatest thing since ....heh heh..'milkybars'. If I grind it out to no avail, Hey Presto,its a bummer of a bike.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Simples

The answer is simple , stay with Yamaha and see what 2015 brings

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Bennybinrumbled

Ha ha yet another poster has seen you for the maggot you are,Your also as sick as a pig that Cal is both doing well and is on a few shopping lists,not least Ducatis as they have another failure in spotty the fading love of your life,Monster are very keen to keep Cal and Poncheral will be as sick as a pig if he loses him ,what if Monster went with him elsewhere, Yamaha need to up the Anti, its what all concerned want,sorry Benny forgot to ask does anyone like you .not even your mum?

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

if cal goes there it will be a killer for he career, but at least it pays well

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

The question is does Cal stay a 'non factory' rider who regularly beats 'factory' riders or become a 'factory' rider getting beaten by CRTs. With Aprilia promising major engine upgrades next year it could well be another embarrassing season for Ducati.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices