Skip to content

Discuss This Poncharal: Crutchlow sure to be tempted by Ducati move MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poncharal: Crutchlow sure to be tempted by Ducati move

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Poncharal: Crutchlow sure to be tempted by Ducati move

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal might be desperate to keep Cal Crutchlow for 2014 but admits the British rider could be seriously tempted to switch to Ducati’s factory squad. Crutchlow has made it clear his ideal scenario for 2014 is to remain in Poncharal’s French-based Tech 3 squad, but on an improved financial and technical package. The former World Supersport...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2013 14:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'm not sure

Everyone said Hamilton going to Mercedes in F1 was all about money and wanting less sponsor crap but he's still near the top and focussed on turning the team into a winning one. I thought he was cashing in. What's happened? Mclaren have gone to shit and Mercedes are truly competitive - he clearly knew something we didn't. I think these guys get paid so much that often it stops being about money and more about challenge, prospects for winning and having a team with resources you can work with. I hope he doesn't go to Ducati as I think the bike is very different - something Rossi demonstrated so spectacularly - and I think it would impact on his ability to push for the wins. Where he is, he at least has the chance of moving up to a factory Yamaha which would be a much better option without needing to learn a whole new bike. Knowing how difficult it is learning the differences between road bikes ridden at road speeds, I can't imagine how hard it is to get the best out of a different bike when racing at that kind of level.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Go on Cal, get on that nasty Duke

And show it who's boss, you''ll be a hero if you manage it, if not there's always the panigale in wsb, serious though folks, the Germans are coming in numbers and that ducati will be a world beater before long, it'd be the best thing he ever does, unless the quietly spoken assassin dovi head fucks him by road blocking him!

Reply to this Topic
BlackCircles

May 13

BlackCircles says:

UK race fans..

Here's something for all UK MotoGP fans;

https://www.facebook.com/UkAgainstBtSoleRightsToMotogpIn2014

And;

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tv-coverage-of-motogp-in-the-uk/

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

No one really knows what Ducati's 2014 bike will be like. There is no Adrian Newey in motorcycle racing. I jus't don't think Audi/Ducati will take getting their asses kicked in 2013 lying down. Cal knows the Tech3 bike is good but jus't a slight bit off perfect. So an all out effort by Ducati and good money doesn't have to be a bad bet. Personally i jus't can't see why Yamaha wouldn't give Cal a factory ride at Tech3? Cal has proved he can take points off Honda.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Shut up & stay put

Cal should look at the bigger picture, take a 1 year contract at tech 3 because all 4 top yamaha & hond seats are up for grabs & the returning Suzuki squad so that's 5 seats available. If he goes to Ducati it'll be a career disaster,look at dovi this year he looks permanently fed up .cal stay at yamaha

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

If Cal goes to Ducati, he'll be selling his racing soul for money.

He doesn't speak Italian, is not a home boy and will always be 2nd best to Dovi..who weighed him in last year on the same bike.

If he truly wants to set his name alongside Sheene..patience is the name of the game. It's either Honda or Yamaha.

He is only 27..and could be in a nice position this time next year, if he continues the good form.

Ducati are shit..they haven't got a fkin clue.

If you own one..sell it now. 

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

stupid

Cal can go to Duc no problem. he wil just be another rider on the list unable to ride that bike. sign a 2 year contract and after you are gone. Rossi was lucky to ride the M1. after 2 year you won't be happy for sure. lots of young guns wil arrive. don't be stupid Cal, you have a bike very close and almost as fast as the factory bike's. duc=crt, not an factory

Reply to this Topic
Andromico

Jul 13

Andromico says:

Wosihound

Dear Wosihound, you are without doubt the saddest individual I've ever come across on this website. Total negativity, what a complete and utter tool.. Please just occasionally don't write the first thing that springs into your tiny mind, patience is indeed a virtue. Stop and think before commenting, who knows, you might even start talking some sense.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Cal to Ducati - at the time he will have to make that decision, it will still be a monumental gamble as they aren't giong to have moved forward much from where they are now, and that appears to be a slight reversal of what looked to be signs of improvement a few races ago.

It's impossible to have any sort of educated guess of what next year's Ducati will be like. They're trying but will it improve? Or, could Cal ride it any differently from the current line up and get something else out of it? Is there anything else to be had?  It's a huge gamble.

If he goes and it doesn't work out, then he's pretty well had it for another chance of a top ride in Motogp. He may finish with a decent wedge in his bank account and livelihood is important, but ultimately you race to achieve the best result you can and give yourself the best chance of doing it. And we're all assuming he'd be on mega money at Ducati which may not necessarily be the case.

I can't abide the politics, but about time a British riider benefitted from them. If Dorna can work wiith Yamaha and Tech3 and get him a near full factory Tech3 bike for next year I think he'd be mad not to take it. The bike he is on now is good enough to win on and together with Yamaha and his team he needs to get the first few laps sorted out in order to give himself the chance of doing that..

Some more podiums and a win especially would leave Yamaha with little choice but to keep him on for next year and if it is with a near or full spec bike, it will surely be his best ever chance of winning races.

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

What did the Duke do VR

Lets see... VR had won the 2009 champs. Dispite a serious injury he still managed 2 wins in 2010 & 10 podiums in all. Left to ride the Duke in a huff, and after 2 years of failing, not only did the pundits & the fans think he'd lost it, VR himself though that was it... So what will happen to Cal? Cal DOES NOT have the raw talent of other dudes, like Marquez. Everything he achieves is through hard work, and progressing inch by inch closer to the ragged edge. My bet is he'll fail miserably, all his previous achievements will be swiftly forgotten, and he may even start thinking he does not know how to ride fast anymore... Please don't go Cal! We like to watch you plugging away, getting each result through hard work. Stick w/ the Yam!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices