Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha hoping for more wins from Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha hoping for more wins from Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha hoping for more wins from Valentino Rossi

Yamaha hopes that Valentino Rossi’s long-awaited return to winning form in Assen last weekend is the catalyst for the Italian legend to claim more victories in the 2014 MotoGP world championship. Rossi’s brilliant victory in Assen was his first since the Malaysian Grand Prix in Sepang in 2010 and came just a time when doubts were creeping in about his potential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2013 14:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

JustBE

I know what you're saying about Rossi getting older. And you're correct in saying why he never pushed his luck on the career wrecking Ducati. We will certainly see over the next few rounds whether he has it in him to win much more. Like I and others have stated on this site, a confident Rossi on a well set up bike is a force to be reckoned with. Lorenzo may struggle a little over the next couple of rounds as he heals up properly. Honda could have similar tyre wear issues as last week and who knows? If he gets a sniff of a podium he'll be like a rat up a drainpipe on current form. If there's a chance of a win he'll push hard if his bike allows him.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

He is the GOAT, until someone else wins as much as he has, then he will always be considered the greatest.

An object lesson in how to disregard actual facts to suit your own purpose

Someone has.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

which followed sm

5 years of slagging off other  riders, including 2 world champions, which became absolutely vicious and personal in 2009 as well as incorrect for the second of those riders, following a fair amount of slagging off of other riders who didn't manage to win world championships against Valentino prior to 2006. That slagging off Rossi is even less justified is true, but should hardly have been surprising. What  perhaps should be surprising given your world view is that few are saying Valentino only won this race because Jorge was injured; nor should they be saying this of course.

Sure Rossi can win again. He beat both HRC riders free and clear at Assen, Jorge may take a couple of races to get to full fitness, and even if he is now past his peak and Jorge is at his, which remains to be seen, if he now has the bike more to his liking he will imo be better/achieve a better set-up than Jorge at some tracks, in a kind of reversal of 2009. The overall situation apart from their riding now favours Jorge of course, given the bike has been developed in his direction for 3 years. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Huskymick

May 13

Huskymick says:

Rossi beat both Hondas free and clear ! MM had lost the felling in his right hand, that's why CC nearly hit him up the arse. Marc Marquez for the next win, if he's fit. DPs mind will be playing tricks on him now.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"If there's a chance of a win he'll push hard if his bike allows him."

..so, just like everyone else then!..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

he shouldn't have fallen off in practice then mick

and never looked a threat to Rossi at any stage.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Huskymick

May 13

Huskymick says:

Your right

But that was not the point I was trying to make, but then you know that.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Jamie

It's a good job i'm not a jealous person. Really, i'm not. I don't do jealousy in any way, shape or form...........so i'm really pleased for Scott. So pleased for him that jealousy doesn't even begin to be an issue. Really, honestly and please trust me. I laugh in the face of jealousy but should I ever get my hands on Scott i'll let him know that he jumped the foooookin' queue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Git! ;)

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Quote of the year

" I got a good start to lead through Eau Rouge, but this was my first time on the track on two wheels, on a bike I only slung a leg over ten minutes beforehand. The rest of the guys rode yesterday, so they had a bit of an advantage in the opening laps, but it didn't take me long to get a feel for the bike and to figure out the lines. " S.Redding 2013

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices