Skip to content

Ask an Expert Is my bike restricted??? Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Is my bike restricted???

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

pstringy76

Jul 13

pstringy76 says:

Is my bike restricted???

Hi there.....I purchased a GSX600F on an 04 plate.....my first bike since passing my DAS..... I had it in the garage for a few months before riding it and now that I can ride have done around 1500 miles on it and it rides like a dream.......only it won't rev passed 9500 rpm...... In neutral it will redline without a problem but in gear riding along it hits 9500 rpm and bounces on that......eg: it hits it then drops a couple of hundred revs then shoots up again.....max speed is 95 mph

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2013 17:04)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pstringy76

Jul 13

pstringy76 says:

Continued

I have spoken to the previous owner who assured me it was not restricted.....what types of restriction can you have on this bike and how can I check them?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Restricted

If the last owner assures you that it's not restricted why are you not taking him at his word?  Instead of looking for a restriction that probably isn't there why not check the other items that might be causing a lack of performance.  When was the last time the bike was serviced?  What state is the air filter in?  A blocked filter can cause a drop in performance.  How about the plugs?  When was the last time the cabs had any attention?

There are many things that can cause a drop in performance but bear in mind that the GSX F wasn't built to be quickest 600 out there so don't expect too much of it.  

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Might

be in an emergency mode so the rev limiter has dropped. Can happen when a sensor isn't working or is giving wrong information, although I'd have thought this bike would be too old for that kind of thing?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices