Skip to content

Discuss This BMW K1600GT Sport revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW K1600GT Sport revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

BMW K1600GT Sport revealed

BMW has unveiled a new version of the the six cylinder K1600 which the firm is calling the 'GT Sport'. The GT Sport has just been unveiled at the 'BMW Motorrad Days 2013' event in Garmisch. The GT Sport has a shorter windscreen, new graphics, black painted highlights on the body work, and will sit along side the current GT and GTL...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2013 17:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

A shorter screen and a new paint job! Hardly earth-shattering! Don't see many of these around, must be trying to appeal to a wider audience. Must try harder!!

Reply to this Topic
Plumbbob

Jul 13

Plumbbob says:

K1600 GT Sport

As most K1300 GT owners probably have already sussed the K1600 GT is not a true replacement to the K1300 GT its just not sporty enough. I know loads of K13 owners who will not trade up to the K16 because of that. It would be nice to see a test between this new version and the K13 as I think that's who BMW have aimed it at to tempt us to trade in

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Sporty?

Doesn't look very sporty, lardy, yes!!!

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

unreliable?

how can you possibly intimate beemers are unreliable ?  i am reliably informed their Fitters (note I dont use the word mechanic) can fix any problem arising with a BMW as long as you have deep enough pockets to pay for it.

A small misfire sir?

AHHH that will be the tyre pressure sensor then,

ah well it wasnt that we will change the fuel pump that should fix it,----

well maybe it is the ECU then that will only cost 1500 pounds-----

We found the problem sir !! your plug cap was loose, we stumbled across that after we changed the ecu and were removing the airbox to change the coils.

as you can tell I would rather have a dose of something nasty than own a beemer

Reply to this Topic
blackspot

Sep 10

blackspot says:

seems weird to have a separate `model` just for the shorter screen...

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Tarus Bulber?

I have heard people ranting about how this bike was made to coerce people away from the BMW K1300GT but won't succeed because the 1600 is too cumbersome.

Well, each to their own, you buy one of these bikes you know what you're gonna get just looking at it.

If you don't then you really should have gone to spec savers.

Personally, i think for a full tourer it's a fresh design and far funkier than the GOLDWING, now that IS a behemoth that's over bloated and way over priced.......EDITED: Faults found with the bike, transmission, etc, bad  for BMW, even though it's a new design, plus yes, it has a few features which could be improved upon, lower fairing for one.:upset:

Would like to see the six cyl engine in a naked street fighter or faired K1600-K1600S model, but only when the engine has being developed some more and faults ironed out.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

A bloke from work had a k1600, when they first came out, im sure he paid nearly 20K for it, the gearbox was so jumpy and knocking so much he took it back, they told him 'its how they are'. put up with it for a month, then took it back and got a different one, as it seemed to get a bit worse. the second one he got dropped all its oil after a week! Over engineered tat.

Reply to this Topic
arnunn

Jul 06

arnunn says:

I often park alongside a K1600, I wanted to like this big beemer, but I can't, it looks so un-finished, and so big! it dwarfs my poor little Hayabusa. My brother in law has the 1300, and that is a nice bike, if a little fragile and expensive to run.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Locktab!

I think BMW are trying not to make it a one-size-fits-all bike. They clearly think these mods will make it appeal to a wider audience. But reading reports of faulty transmissions from Australia makes me wonder when it will be highlighted here. Not a BM fan myself but wouldn't pick this over a K1300.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

Sport?

Whats the point, they make other bikes that are powerful enough (about 170bhp) that are smooth, fast, and handle, why ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices