You are in... Forums > General > General > daytona 955i

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

daytona 955i

does anyone have one? are they good?  i was thinking od replacing my written off gsxf650 with one. it looks  like an upgrade for me, as the gsx is 216kg and 85bhp  the daytona 955i has 150bhp and is 26kg lighter!

i am very interesred to know why i cant find any models being sold that are newer than 06 or 07? did they stop making them? mcn seems to suggest rheyre made to 2001?  people seem to love them anyway.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 289 days ago (05 July 2013 19:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

previous comment

ignore the question about bikes being made in 2001 i meant 2011 but i was unable to go bqck abd edit it due to the forum.   i can see the bike appears to have stopped being made in 06. thats interesting. 

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

This is why...

you can't find one later than 2006.

it's a triple.

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

cheers

hi old ish, thanks for response.  thats an interesting article. is there a connection between the 675 in the article and the 955i disappearing from production?

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

trumpet 955i

Never had one, but it's one of the very few Triumphs  I would like to own.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

geoffart....

there might be a connection.:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

nice.

interesting! id hate to buy somethijg that gets on my nerves. i mean gaxf is so comfy and peactical. i loved it... but i want something a bit more powerful.  i looked at tuono aprilia. people seem to like the 955i and im just amazed at how cheap it is with all that power and how good the fuel economy is for a litre sports bike. 

Reply to this Topic
Thinkladybiker

Oct 11

Daytona 955i

My o/h had one a while back when I was still pillion & for me it was brilliant, a really good pillion position great for bracing yourself when he was breaking or accelerating and comfy for just cruising along but for him it was agony - the riding position put too much pressure on his wrists and made it unridable after a very short time. If you can manage to take one for a test ride of at least half an hour then do. Personally for me it was one of the best bikes I ever rode pillion.

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

shame

thanks. now that is a great shame to hear. it looks like such a nice bike but ibcanr deal with my wrists being killed or an agonising riding position. ill try it. provably end up sitting on it for a bit at he dealers though. the mcn reviews say its comfy... but i guess thats very open to inturpretation.  

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

955i

I've thought about buying one a few times and have had a quick spin on one. They're a good all rounder bike that's as comfy as most other similar age sports bikes.

The pre 2000 models were reasonable however triumph liberated the engines from around 2001 onwards. I tried a 2001 model (with conventional rear swingarm) and found it had nigh on similar acceleration to a 1999 fireblade. The handling is slightly heavier than the blade but by no means is it a sports tourer. The  only niggle I found was when leant over on the brakes the bike would want to sit up slightly and run straight on a wee bit. I'm still considering getting one as a second bike to tell the truth

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

You need a 675

and a pineapple:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN