Skip to content

General United States of decay ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > United States of decay ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

United States of decay ?

http://photos.uk.msn.com/slideshow/photos/the-united-states-of-decay/2xlgh2d1 

Lord Geoffrey Howe once urged Maggie Thatcher to leave Liverpool to 'managed decline' is this happening in the USA ? some of these historic buildings being left to rot like this is sad. We imagine the USA to be the land of plenty, maybe this is no longer the case ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 289 days ago (06 July 2013 19:05)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

You'll

find places like that in the UK as well. It's just what's left behind as places go through boom, bust and society changes - new places will be built elsewhere whilst old is left to rot.

EDIT: Japan has a whole island like this called Battleship Island.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Corruption

i don't understand politics very well,but i see what i see.The American government had a great and seemed for many year system of a thing called the senate which was a bunch of guys(think its like a jury 13 or so)who were there to make any final decisions in parliament before any policies become law.Three quarters of the country's wealth was with the people and one quarter with rich,only 25-30 years ago,but with corruption the rich and powerful have managed to turn this completely around so today three quarters of the wealth and money is now with the minority rich,this has mainly been brought about by the rich corrupt businessmen who have infiltrated the senate and now run the country not any elected president,in fact the president has no or little power these days,like the English monarchy.In times of crises like what the world is going through at the moment these people keep there wealth close and defend it at all cost,which is one of the main reasons the economic crisis happend in the first place,the corrupt rich and powerfull now own most of the banking and have the majority of shares in very large companies like oil etc(thats the way i see it and read it anyways,more to it but i wont go on).So where do they go from here?   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

last time i visited Liverpool ......

was around the early 80's ... i believe they hadnt started re-building it since WW2 .... driving into the town was like a trip into the lebenon after the Isreali's had been on a jolly ..... 

Albion lost 1 - 0 .... had a goal diss-alowed in the last 5 mins ...a PERFECTLY good goal i might add ..... you get abserlulty " fuck all " in the way of refferee descitions at anfeild ..... but this year was different ..... " FUCKIN STUFFED YA " home and away .... me mate went up too see .... managed too return with all the wheels still on his motor ............. fuckin mirical that ....i tell ya ......

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Thatcher/Reagan

Free market economy laid the foundations. American manufacturing was decimated as ours with the rush to outsource. As usual the minority of uber wealthy did/continue to do very nicely thank you.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle