Skip to content

General cyclists again!!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > cyclists again!!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

cyclists again!!!!

firstly,i am a cyclist myself,,,so there I am sunday morning,early,en route to henley in arden,warwicks...in the car,no traffic,45 to,50 on an open road ,,in countryside,,long view ahead ,junction on right,wide open,,up to junction comes 3 pushbikes,ycra cad with numbers on shirts,,,as Im 50 yaqrds from them,out they come!!!!!over the staggered crossroads there!!!Now had I not braked hard and hit one or all..No other witnesses cept 3 cyclists!!What then??If they want to road race then every junction shoud be manned on their route!!!!saw other cyclists NOT racing,no problem..CRETINS!My dog got slammed into the cage his in behind me!!..WE are all road users,even on foot,,,these people need sorting!!They are taking chances cos they have a number!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 July 2013 06:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

It really

is time these pest's pay for the privileged of using the roads.

They think they have the god given right to cause chaos because they are saving the polar bears.
I know the clowns might have cars and motor bikes so they assume they ARE paying to use the roads. Most of us have different modes, we pay accordingly.
They should have to register the cycles and pay a fee to use, end of.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I cant understand how any form of 'racing' is allowed on public roads, whether they break the speed limit or not.

As soon as a 'race' is entered and numbers / competitiveness is involved, then risks to shave off a couple of seconds here and there will be taken, fact!

In this case, jumping out at a junction instead of waiting.

It shouldn't be allowed, end of. :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

don't care about them as a road user

as a pedestrian they are a bloody menace.

number of times i've had to pull my kids out of the way of a cyclist on the pavement. tempted to go out walking with a big stick:mad:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

There

was a time trial event on Saturday....OK....not usually a problem.

Except it was on the A50 between Uttoxeter and Burton!! Full on busy dual carriageway. And, no, they didn't use the 'escape' side (nearside) of the lane  -  crouched up, head down in the nearside lane.....every 250 metres. :blink:

Can't believe anyone would organise a 'race' on such a busy main road.

Even the Tour Of Britain uses minor roads AND have police outriders to temporarily 'close' the road for the cyclists safety.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

cyclist's

shooting the fuggers should be a legalised sport .. IMHO

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Grown men

In Lycra............says it all.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

cyclists

Ive gone back to cycling after a break of nearly 20 odd years, results..1 stone loss in just under 3 weeks of cycling 4.2 miles.  Not a lot but I do live in the Lincs wolds although not as bad as cycling where i grew up..

I have encountered cyclists refusing to go into single file on our country roads so i just sit behind them until they get the message,..especially on motorbike as they cant stand the noise..:smile

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

me

oh and its Beacons not anon:smile

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

anon/beacons

HUH.....?

Reply to this Topic