Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding rides historic Kevin Schwantz Suzuki 500 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding rides historic Kevin Schwantz Suzuki 500

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding rides historic Kevin Schwantz Suzuki 500

A typical Sunday afternoon on two wheels for Scott Redding is fighting for victories in the Moto2 world championship or having a play on his supermoto bike. Last Sunday was anything but typical for the 20-year-old though, who got a once in a lifetime chance to ride American legend Kevin Schwantz’s factory Suzuki RGV at the iconic Spa track in Belgium. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 July 2013 10:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

WHAT!!

What a waste , shoulda been my turn :(

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Every so often I get a pang of sadness that the 2-stroke era is over - this is one of those moments. There is something so special about a 2 stroke 500cc GP bike - a scalpel compared to today's machetes. I do wonder how fast a 500 would go these days with a few more years development and all the electronics and tyre tech we have now. Oh and how good does that Lucky Strike colour scheme still look?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

My God

I love 500cc two stroke gp bikes.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Bring back 500 2strokes no need for traction control or ecu,s & at least they don't need millions to develop them

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I'm getting deja vu

There's something about this story that seems strangely familiar...

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

My turn

Omg I want a go pleeease!

Enough said.

Reply to this Topic
TMDLateBraker

Mar 13

This is his 1995 RGV500 with the style of font of the 34 on the front. Sorry... in 1994 he rode with the number 1 plate (and quite rightly so)

Sorry MCN. you can even watch the 500cc reviews or check google or his website or even his fan website.

Yes i know im sad, but again sorry.... this is his 1995 RGV500 NOT his 1994

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

500cc

Used to sort the men from the boys, I loved them - do you remember when Shinichi Ito hit 200mph at Hockenhiem / Great track, great bikes even greater riders.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Late braker

You've out braked yourself and ended up face down in the kitty litter. The article clearly states this is the machine on which Schwantz won his last GP - which was the 1994 Brit GP at Donnington. Number fonts don't make a motorcycle!

Interesting to read how Redding found the machine both intoxicating and rideable. Clearly by the mid nineties the 500's were fairly refined machines and not the absolute peaky flexi framed bruts they were in the seventies and eighties.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

I remember that win at Donnington - my first ever taste of GP racing in the flesh. As a 10yr old I remember being astounded by the noise and, oddly, the smell of the bikes. At that stage I was a Schwantz fan by osmosis - my dad being a keen follower at the time - so it was brilliant to see a victory - never knew it was his last one though - thanks for that bit of trivia.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices