Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding rides historic Kevin Schwantz Suzuki 500 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding rides historic Kevin Schwantz Suzuki 500

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding rides historic Kevin Schwantz Suzuki 500

A typical Sunday afternoon on two wheels for Scott Redding is fighting for victories in the Moto2 world championship or having a play on his supermoto bike. Last Sunday was anything but typical for the 20-year-old though, who got a once in a lifetime chance to ride American legend Kevin Schwantz’s factory Suzuki RGV at the iconic Spa track in Belgium. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 July 2013 10:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Nice! Sorry blueblaze, but by the mid 90's 2-stroke factory bikes were million dollar machines. Honda NSR-500's were being leased close to a million per year. By then, they were highly refined compared to the bikes Roberts and Sheene rode.

Reply to this Topic
TMDLateBraker

Mar 13

nostrodamus

Because everything you read is true... okay so where is his number 1 plate? Yes he won the british gp in 1994 but his rgv500 had the number 1 plate the WHOLE season NOT the number 34. I forgot everything you read in the paper is 100% accurate. Feel free to YouTube his last win... look at the bike! Plus his 1994 bike had a slightly bigger intake on the front. Now who is face down in the kitty litter. You

Reply to this Topic
TMDLateBraker

Mar 13

Also feel free to check his official site / or fan site or even google. Search his 1995 rgv500 and look for yourself

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Perhaps our retarded one

You'd be better off arguing this point with the owner of the machine - Steve Wheatman - than I.

Good argument though as a mark of year identification - the racing number and font style on the bike.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Having looked at the '94 bike v the '95 bike dispute - TMB may be on to something, unless the fairing changed mid-'94 (which is always possible - my memory doesn't go back that far!)- the bike does appear to be running a '95 fairing, with the two air ducts on the leading edge of the fairing. I'd still imagine its a '94 bike though given that it has been brought out at a number of high profile events over the years and always given a '94 designation.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

So after more googling.. it turns out the '94 bike did change fairing mid season.

Reply to this Topic
TMDLateBraker

Mar 13

My only slight argument was apart from the fairing. If it wad the 94, why doesn't it have the number 1 plated fairing he used the whole year? Doesn't make sense to be by his 94 title bike and not have the 94 number 1 fairing? If it did change fairing mid season it still had the number 1 plate on it

Reply to this Topic
TMDLateBraker

Mar 13

But that's me be pedantic lol

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There's a world of difference

Retarded one, between pedantic and plain stupid. 34 has always been Kevin's number. So much so the FIM  retired the number from the MotoGP class (number 'retirement' is also in the 'stupid' category in my books). Mr Wheatman obviously runs nr.34 for this very easily (although not to you) made association at these type of celebrational events.

No need to apologise for your uncalled for insults. You're new and I can see you know little. Besides which  SBS has suitably humbled you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Benny Bin,

you really don't like Cal, I can tell.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN