Skip to content

Discuss This LCR admit MotoGP expansion plan likely to be delayed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR admit MotoGP expansion plan likely to be delayed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

LCR admit MotoGP expansion plan likely to be delayed

An expansion plan by the LCR Honda squad to a two-rider effort next year seems certain to be delayed until the 2015 MotoGP campaign. Before the start of the current season Italian team boss Lucio Cecchinello outlined plans to possibly increase his involvement by purchasing a production Honda RC213V to develop a young rider in the premier class. Those plans are likely...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 July 2013 11:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Pleasing Honda..

This should give fans some insight as to Honda's aims of controlling GP.

Bradl is on a Factory contract and HRC stump up big money for his wages and bike. They also want a say in who the junior rider is to promote their brand is in emerging markets.

I'd like to know as a percentage, just how much they contribute to LCR?

I'd bet Bulto's Orange Blinkers, it's way more than Monster Tech3.

When Nakamoto says he is not interested in the sport as a show and the fans' entertainment..you'd better believe him.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

passport sport

Well I've never really wanted to buy into the passport rider conspiracy. As far as I see it if somebody is a decent rider and worth a seat and they happen to be able to attract sponsorship because of where their from thats not a huge issue. What luchio appears to be saying here is he has been told to take on a possibly shit rider over his choice of rider solely on the whim of a sponsor and nationality which is truly shit

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Dunno You Know

Firstly, there's no doubt a rider's passport has a significant impact on his chances of getting a plum ride. The way you see it diceman is, unfortunately, idealistic and not the way it works. I'd bet Wosi's reputation that there isn't much in it between your average 16 year old rider in terms of speed regardless of nationality except the bike they sit on, the team that fettles it and that will be controlled in part by where they did their domestic racing.

You won't find many Aprilia RSWs or A kitted HRC bikes in England or indeed any Moto 2/3 bikes being raced anywhere but you will in Italy and Spain and no doubt Japan at some point if they aren't already. The British domestic series has been some way behind it's European counterparts for as long as I can remember despite there being plenty of talent. Where would, say, Gino Rea be now if HRC had decided to set up in England and built Moto 2/3 here? Spain was picked because of the weather and because it has about 3000 GP spec tracks all built with someone else's pretend money.

So, passport, is important as it gives you better access.

As for HRC, they will always be able to wield the sword as they've put plenty into the sport, if there was a concord agreement in MotoGP then Honda would be the first name on the sheet. Personally I don't always like the way the go about things in racing but I let them off because they're able to demonstrate mechanical genius on regular basis.

They might have a problem if no one can afford to buy one of their proddie bikes that they seem to be building anyway. I'd have thought LCR have demonstrated enough loyalty to Honda to be given one and allowed to have a play with it. If the bike is any good they can flog it at the end of the year and in about 50 years time we can look forward to the British GP Prototype championship as the bikes filter down. 

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Benny, why do you do this?

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Quality of answer is on an upward trend . . .

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

... cheers Taff

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle