Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: Sorting our my saggy-ness FAZER 8

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FAZER 8 > Staff Blog: Sorting our my saggy-ness

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Alison Silcox  says:

Staff Blog: Sorting our my saggy-ness

You might have seen my latest long term review published in July 3 issue of MCN. I’ve been having a few issues with my suspension and Senior Road Tester, Michael Neeves, gave me a few tips on how to adjust the front and rear sag on the Yamaha Fazer8. So getting my hands dirty I got to work with a tape measure and spanners. I...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 July 2013 12:37)

Post a message in FAZER 8

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Method... check,

results.... check, conclusion... tune in next time to find out what this means and what to do about it...

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Stiction

I prefer the RaceTech method, which takes suspension friction into account. As for what the sag is on a riderless bike, I could care less, as it is not useful.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

saggy bum

This fits in with what I've found, in that front end sag is far less than rear, despite figures on the web of around 25-30mm I can't soften my front end anything like that without excessive dive on braking. Rear sag figure accurate enough, but front more like 10-15 mm. (RR-V Fireblade on standard settings)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

bikerpete51

Your 'Blade needs higher rate front springs and/or more compression damping if that is the case.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices